Comair updates?

Subscribe
1136  1636  2036  2086  2126  2132  2133  2134  2135  2136  2137  2138  2139  2140  2146  2186  2236 
Page 2136 of 2260
Go to
Quote: Another Voluntary Furlough offer just came out. Intersting....and IMO surprising.
Do you think that has to do with the threat of the last remaining 50-seaters going away?
Quote: Do you think that has to do with the threat of the last remaining 50-seaters going away?

Possibly....but what surprises me is, why bother with a voluntary furlough?. Although it may save them a little more in salaries (higher seniority average versus invol furloughs), they know those guys want to come back (mostly) due to their seniority/longetivity. That tells me: A) the furlough may not happen at all. Or B) If it does, it'll be for a very short time. Company may want to "hold on" to some folks due to natural attrition and possible growth after the contract is finalized (see the added hours for the summer). Also, the fact that now Sep 01 is the earliest date for furloughs is quite intriguing. Btw, that date has moved around 4-5 times this year alone.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but to me it is quite telling.
Quote: Possibly..... Also, the fact that now Sep 01 is the earliest date for furloughs is quite intriguing....
Reread the memo...that's not exactly what it says. It says, that all voluntaries should be separated by Sept 1. It states that none will occur before April 1 and all will be gone by Dec 31 at the latest...dates to be awarded in seniority range... etc etc
Quote: Reread the memo...that's not exactly what it says. It says, that all voluntaries should be separated by Sept 1. It states that none will occur before April 1 and all will be gone by Dec 31 at the latest...dates to be awarded in seniority range... etc etc
Very true...my bad. Yet, 8 months to separate 35 people.....
I got a new gig and now wishing I took the buy out. I should have listened to you guys.
I am still there, almost too old to go anywhere else. On the bubble whether or not I downgrade.

On another note, the company just gave notice to displace another 16 DTW CAs.
I went to the big Brown Stain in '07 to get my furlough(2010). Comair was a great place to work, I certainly miss the people there.
Quote: Possibly....but what surprises me is, why bother with a voluntary furlough?. Although it may save them a little more in salaries (higher seniority average versus invol furloughs), they know those guys want to come back (mostly) due to their seniority/longetivity. That tells me: A) the furlough may not happen at all. Or B) If it does, it'll be for a very short time. Company may want to "hold on" to some folks due to natural attrition and possible growth after the contract is finalized (see the added hours for the summer). Also, the fact that now Sep 01 is the earliest date for furloughs is quite intriguing. Btw, that date has moved around 4-5 times this year alone.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but to me it is quite telling.

Voluntary furloughs is not an indication of anything positive going on with the Comair. We are downsizing to the number of aircraft stated by management. The reason for all the changes in the number and date of furloughs is due to an increase in attrition.
Quote: I got a new gig and now wishing I took the buy out. I should have listened to you guys.
Bwahahahahahaha!
Quote: I got a new gig and now wishing I took the buy out. I should have listened to you guys.
On the other hand, Failblazer told you 18 months ago that Comair was gone by the end of 2010 and all your planes are belong to ASA.

So it's just a matter of... who's story is more convincing?
1136  1636  2036  2086  2126  2132  2133  2134  2135  2136  2137  2138  2139  2140  2146  2186  2236 
Page 2136 of 2260
Go to