Any UAV pilot contractor jobs?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 11
Go to
breaking in to uav flight
How difficult is it to break into the uav world. I am a commercial pilot, instructor, former military aircrew and held ts/sci clearance?
I am def looking for a UAV Pilot job. I have been flying Radio Control aircraft for 14 years now and been flying Giant Scale aircraft for about 6 years now. Would be something great for me to do.
Have any of the initial Pred cadre gotten out and cashed in on the civ side of UAVs?

(thumbs down icon was a mistake above)
Jumper:

Do you know of any companies hiring UAV operators right now or that you would recommend? I was recently furloughed and am looking to get into this industry. Thanks

Osyruss
I have a question about health standards for these UAV operations. As long as you can posess an FAA medical is that all you need? I was reading something about having military health standards if you are to be deployed overseas for a different company. I wonder if that standard applies to anyone depolying overseas as a civilian contractor. Any ideas?
Quote: Have any of the initial Pred cadre gotten out and cashed in on the civ side of UAVs?
A few. Most get hired as sim instructors for the contractor who teaches baby Pred students in the academic phase.
hhm
Large scale RC experience doesnt matter alot to the powers that be when they hire pred/skywar inital pilots. 300hrs, CSEL (or CMEL), and a four year degree will get you past the screening. Prior military increases your chances, and i have yet to met any former mq-1/9 AF guys/gals at my company.

Besides its all going auto takeoff and landing soon!!!
Hey everyone, so is there anyone looking to hire right about now, i noticed some of these posts are a few months old...?
I know it has been a year, but are you still looking to fill positions around Simi Valley?
Quote: If anyone is intersted in the Simi Valley, Ca area, please let me know.

I would be interested in hearing what you are offering. If you would like to email me, the email I use most is [email protected]
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 11
Go to