Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
15426  15926  16326  16376  16416  16422  16423  16424  16425  16426  16427  16428  16429  16430  16436  16476  16526  16926  17426 
Page 16426 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Hey all,

For anyone that may have this happen to them too with the new FAR 117 stuff:

I got a call fro ALPA Scheduling and there is NO recovery obligation for my 100/672 violation.

Happy Days,

Ferd
Had similar happen this month, but it's not contractual - scheduler discretion. Chances are being recovery available during the dropped trip period there was nothing you could do legally any ways so they waived recovery. Easier for Intl only guys to get that situation. Enjoy the time off
Back to the A/E. What's the reason for the delay? Maybe the fences will get crossed on this one? ; )

Seems like it should only be a quick run of the bids and results should be readily available. Job security for crew resources?
Quote: Back to the A/E. What's the reason for the delay? Maybe the fences will get crossed on this one? ; )

Seems like it should only be a quick run of the bids and results should be readily available. Job security for crew resources?
Bottom line -- A big AE + 100 new hires per month = not enough simulators.

They are trimming the AE backfills down to what the training pipeline can handle.

A bit of 3 dimensional chess.
Quote: Its a good thing my wife doesn't know how I feel about Phoebe Cates.

I watched a fascinating biography on Phoebe Cates on A&E. She was actually born Philip Cates and was undergoing a transgender process during the filming of Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Apparently, she had not yet undergone SRS (sex reassignment surgery) during the filming of the pool scenes and they had great difficulty concealing her male genitalia in the red bikini.

Just kidding. That would be pretty much impossible - but it would be incredible if true.

Yeah, she's pretty cute.
Hollis Harris
Quote: He had a great reputation amongst all employee groups, and I always wondered what would have happened if the BOD had chosen him to replaced Dave Garret in 1987, instead of Mo'Ron Allen.
I agree, it was a missed opportunity. For those who weren't at Delta back then, here's a short interview (in two parts):

The Interview: The Interview: Hollis Harris, former president and Chief Operating Officer of Delta Air Lines (Part 1 of 2)

The Interview: The Interview: Hollis Harris, former president and Chief Operating Officer, Delta Air Lines (Part 2 of 2)
Quote: Bottom line -- A big AE + 100 new hires per month = not enough simulators.

They are trimming the AE backfills down to what the training pipeline can handle.

Luckily it will get easier after this AE.
Quote: I don't want to get near this conversation with a ten foot pole but I have to say about what I bolded above: I agree but I have never seen that it's a requirement to wear a long sleeve shirt with the jacket.

You guys are getting wrapped around the axle about what kind of shirt to wear? Who CARES!?! The company says you can wear either one and they both look the same with the jacket on! Again, who CARES!?!

Sheesh.......

Denny
No ****! Right on Denny!
Quote: Blue suit, far right? I only saw him in person once, at our new hire idoc class.

He had a great reputation amongst all employee groups, and I always wondered what would have happened if the BOD had chosen him to replaced Dave Garret in 1987, instead of Mo'Ron Allen.
Nah Timbo, far right is Ron Fogelman. Try far left.
The AE is not out

Quote: Bottom line -- A big AE + 100 new hires per month = not enough simulators.

Quote: Wow!! Any idea why?
I jump seated in the back of an 88 a couple weeks ago. First thing when I walk on is wow, we have young flt attendants, who knew? I'm talking to the one on the aft Jumpseat and she was about to quit with 6 months seniority... No life, as in, with her commute she had about 4 real days off. She had her BSN, so she had options. She just didn't feel like it was the career she thought it would be.

She's one of a thousand. I suspect similar responses from many.
15426  15926  16326  16376  16416  16422  16423  16424  16425  16426  16427  16428  16429  16430  16436  16476  16526  16926  17426 
Page 16426 of 20173
Go to