Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
17123  17623  18023  18073  18113  18119  18120  18121  18122  18123  18124  18125  18126  18127  18133  18173  18223  18623  19123 
Page 18123 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Happy Data Manipulation, errrr.... I mean Earth Day!

I'd like to be walking around with a sign that says: "YOU FIRST"

Carl
Quote: I'm a junior former NWA guy. Since the merger all the DC-9's have been parked, all the 747-200's are gone and all the 747-400's are soon to be gone. Throw in the older NWA 757's and 320's that are on the chopping block. You are left with some 319/320's, 75's, and a handfull of 330's. This merger probably saved your job longterm. You have been a 747 captain forever and you get an extra 5 years at the top thanks to age 65 at my expense. You are on a fenced fleet so you are still like your own airline. When you get displaced, you are going to go to the 777 which pays exactly the same. You come off as a selfish prick on here. Your pension was frozen and you have been hitting government limits adding to your 401k the last 5 years. Every year you get 270 hours of sick leave which is almost a third of what you lost. We are tired of hearing your sob story. You had a career that most of us can only dream about and it is nothing you did. You are no more experienced or a better pilot than any pilot here. Just lucky. Understand your audience. To me it's like walking out of a steakhouse and *****ing about it in front of a homeless guy that hasn't eaten in a week.

Quote: I'm a junior former NWA guy. Since the merger all the DC-9's have been parked, all the 747-200's are gone and all the 747-400's are soon to be gone. Throw in the older NWA 757's and 320's that are on the chopping block. You are left with some 319/320's, 75's, and a handfull of 330's. This merger probably saved your job longterm.
I disagree. Our model was working exceedingly well prior to the merge. I don't think either side saved the other sides' jobs. I think we were two very good airlines that successfully merged and made our sum greater than the parts.

Quote: You have been a 747 captain forever and you get an extra 5 years at the top thanks to age 65 at my expense.
You also get the additional 5 years, so it wasn't at your expense.

Quote: You are on a fenced fleet so you are still like your own airline. When you get displaced, you are going to go to the 777 which pays exactly the same.
I haven't decided where I'll go.

Quote: You come off as a selfish prick on here.
Are you my ex wife?

Quote: Every year you get 270 hours of sick leave which is almost a third of what you lost.
I lost over 1500 hours of sick leave. I'm not arguing over the merits of one system over another. I'm simply refuting the claim that nothing was taken from us. It's simply wrong.

Quote: We are tired of hearing your sob story.
Facts aren't sob stories. They stand on their own.

Quote: You had a career that most of us can only dream about and it is nothing you did.
Guess that's like Obama's: "You didn't build that! Somebody else...built that for ya!"

Quote: You are no more experienced or a better pilot than any pilot here. Just lucky. Understand your audience. To me it's like walking out of a steakhouse and *****ing about it in front of a homeless guy that hasn't eaten in a week.
Let's see. A junior guy comes here throwing personal insults and tells me that my 45 years of flying makes me no more experienced than him...and I'm the one that needs to understand the audience? Is the audience here all self important entitlement types?

Carl
Hockey, if Carl was as selfish as you paint him, he would not be wasting his time here trying to better our profession. I'm pretty sure he could coast out and be just fine. My read is that he's trying to make this a better profession for all seniority levels, even the guys who haven't been hired. I find that he's holding the company and especially "our" "union" accountable for their actions and inactions.

We need fewer guys pretending the emperor is magnificently clothed, and more guys pointing out that the emperor is, in fact, buck naked. For crying out loud, the last 3 guys I flew with had no idea the company was in blatant violation of AFKLM scope.

We need more Carls.
Quote: You also get the additional 5 years, so it wasn't at your expense.

Carl
To be fair, everyone did get another five years. But, you got five more years as a 747 captain. many pilots got five more years as a 88 FO.

Big difference
Quote: I'm a junior former NWA guy. Since the merger all the DC-9's have been parked, all the 747-200's are gone and all the 747-400's are soon to be gone. Throw in the older NWA 757's and 320's that are on the chopping block. You are left with some 319/320's, 75's, and a handfull of 330's. This merger probably saved your job longterm. You have been a 747 captain forever and you get an extra 5 years at the top thanks to age 65 at my expense. You are on a fenced fleet so you are still like your own airline. When you get displaced, you are going to go to the 777 which pays exactly the same. You come off as a selfish prick on here. Your pension was frozen and you have been hitting government limits adding to your 401k the last 5 years. Every year you get 270 hours of sick leave which is almost a third of what you lost. We are tired of hearing your sob story. You had a career that most of us can only dream about and it is nothing you did. You are no more experienced or a better pilot than any pilot here. Just lucky. Understand your audience. To me it's like walking out of a steakhouse and *****ing about it in front of a homeless guy that hasn't eaten in a week.
amen, carl used to say things that made sense but hes really been obnoxious a while now, but im pretty much over what he has to say. its an embarrassment to former nwa pilots all over

thanks hockey
Quote: To be fair, everyone did get another five years. But, you got five more years as a 747 captain. many pilots got five more years as a 88 FO.

Big difference
5 extra years on the Mad Dog is a gift.
Quote: 5 extra years on the Mad Dog is a gift.
Quote: Check out the 'leaked' info on the chit chat forum. The company wants an 'outside party' to verify all sick leave over 100hrs.

Not YOUR doctor, but someone else.
That's ok with me. Let's use the FAA. Very few of us would ever fly.
Quote:
That looks more like a 717 than an MD88.

An angry puppy, not a Mad Dog!
17123  17623  18023  18073  18113  18119  18120  18121  18122  18123  18124  18125  18126  18127  18133  18173  18223  18623  19123 
Page 18123 of 20173
Go to