Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
303  353  393  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  413  453  503  903  1403 
Page 403 of 20173
Go to
YGBSM....I can't believe this went out to the members. Unbelievable.
Quote: I'm glad Moak is not everybodys boy...Are you implying he would be had he managed to get more for the Delta folks by giving NWA less?

As far as the SLI, it is what it is and most everyone has come to live with it. That being said, there was some leapfrogging on both sides but there is no way you could say with a straight face that Delta bore the brunt.

Ultimately, that is not the argument that I was grieving. My grievance is with Moak stalling on our trip rig. It's clear why he is doing it, which I have mentioned above. One last shiv in NWAs ribs.

Either way, my grievance is not with you. Don't get too upset.
Totally "peachy" here Capn. Not trying to infer anything other than reality. Delta didn't score any more than NWA did. That's my point. Maybe its semantics. As to Moak, he is who is he is. You guys may feel slighted. Some of us do as well. Especially captains who are moving backward. Your continued use of the phrase "leapfrog" is inaccurate and false. Both sides were "leapfrogged." I don't understand the whole "trip rig" thing. All I know is that we are undergoing a major displacement. Maybe you feel the pain, maybe you don't. That being said, we're all on the same roster now with the same uniforms. Let's get it on.
Quote: Wrong Pineapple. There is not consensus...thus the grievance workup. Our guys are just like your guys in this regard. When there is clear language, we don't bother with a grievance. When there is not clear language, we do.

Carl
No, Carl, you're not like us. When there's not clear language, WE go back to the people sitting in the room and see what the intent of all parties was. When those parties agree, and on this issue almost all of them do (again, except one), the issue is dropped.

I guess this explains why NWA has 400+ outstanding grievances!

PG
Quote: (lest I make Capn and Carl mad again).
It was me! Hey, I said I was sorry. Bad mood and a margarita.......never a good combo. Buzz, you're a voice of reason on here.

Ferd <------normally a good humor guy
Quote: I guess this explains why NWA has 400+ outstanding grievances!
PG
Maybe, but I would also argue that it (the 400+) mostly has to do with the guys we work for. I'm hoping for the better work environment you guys enjoy.

Ferd
Quote: No, Carl, you're not like us. When there's not clear language, WE go back to the people sitting in the room and see what the intent of all parties was. When those parties agree, and on this issue almost all of them do (again, except one), the issue is dropped.

I guess this explains why NWA has 400+ outstanding grievances!

PG
You're right...I guess we are different. We have 400 grievances because we don't open up by saying: "you had me at hello."

Our old management (DAL's new management) are going to just LOVE the way you look at labor issues.

Carl
Quote: You're right...I guess we are different. We have 400 grievances because we don't open up by saying: "you had me at hello."

Our old management (DAL's new management) are going to just LOVE the way you look at labor issues.

Carl
Perhaps. But I can't think of too many who could claim with a straight face that NWA's contract was superior to ours pre-merger. In fact you all are angry because of a delay in receiving the more favorable work rules that we had all along!

I'm more in favor of "deeds, not words." You can grieve all you want and criticize our "close relationship" with mgmt. I will take that and our superior pre-merger contract--and fewer grievances.

That said, we have our share of grievances--thing is, we win nearly all of them because we don't file them as an afterthought every time we don't like the way mgmt looked at us. We actually determine that we have a strong case before leaping, as opposed to just knee-jerk filing to "feel good" which is apparently the NWALPA way. At some point people start ignoring the boy who cried wolf. DALPA on the other hand, only cries wolf when the real thing is barking at you.
Quote: Looks like a VD to the ATL ER for me.
Can you VD to a seat without any vacancies?
Herk,

I don't think you know a thing about us or how we work with our old management. Let's see how all this works out, the new MEC meets later and agreements may well be made.

As far as our old contract is concerned, we are trying to get back to our pre-bankruptcy rates too. We actually had a good (not perfect) contract too. If we had more time maybe we could have done more than adopt and go. It's up to you young guys in the future.

Ferd
Quote: Can you VD to a seat without any vacancies?
Yes, as long as the person being displaced out of the category is junior to the person who would have been displaced but isn't now because someone senior took their place on a VD. It's called a contingintcy displacement. It protects seniority because the most junior guy is the one who gets the MD. That's why it is important to have a current displacement bid in, even if there are no surpluses in your category.
303  353  393  399  400  401  402  403  404  405  406  407  413  453  503  903  1403 
Page 403 of 20173
Go to