Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
7526  8026  8426  8476  8516  8522  8523  8524  8525  8526  8527  8528  8529  8530  8536  8576  8626  9026  9526 
Page 8526 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I think the Supreme Court (can I make mention of the judicial branch of the US government without crossing the political line?) decided all of this back in the 50's.....underboob is in the eye of the beholder.
Buzz,

If you, Carl, Ferd, FTB, and all others who make my airport standby a little bit easier are leaving, please let the rest of us that lurk know.

Thank you,

The Chow
Quote:

If I was half the man I was 10 years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place.
or maybe some vicious headbutting....

that avatar still cracks me up
Quote: I have a rotation with both a front end and back end deadhead. I want to deviate on both. I think that I figured out the front end OK, booked company business, and will inform crew scheds. Is it the same on the back end? I seem to remember it being different somehow?

Regular lineholder if it matters...
What iaflyer said. Also, don't forget that there is an easy way to inform CS of your deadhead on the back end. Call the VRU and go to crew tracking. One of the options for if deviating from deadhead. You just press the number, and CS is informed without you having to talk to anybody. Quick and easy.
Quote: LGA $3.6B terminal expansion... for the other airlines.

Evidently, according to this picture, we'll run into the buildings when using the taxiways.

La Guardia Terminal Update Sought - WSJ.com

But I have a better idea. Call it the Scambo idea.

First, we bulldoze all but the main terminal building, no more arms/legs/extensions and jetways. Now let the airlines fight for the few gates that are left.

Then bulldoze everything on the south side of Grand Central Parkway to Astoria Blvd. We can use that to build a grand terminal and parking area. Sadly for RJs, but just maybe one day mainline jets!!!!!!

Then build a walkway from our terminal in LGA to our terminal in JFK.

I was ready to quit this place forever over these self aggrandizing, prude, worthless, Mods ... but then you post your brilliance and I'm sucked right back in.

Still think we should consider moving, or setting up our own server. I'll give you some seed money, or an 80386 with a math co-processor running a hacked Linux build to get you started.
Quote: LGA $3.6B terminal expansion... for the other airlines.

Evidently, according to this picture, we'll run into the buildings when using the taxiways.

First, we bulldoze all but the main terminal building, no more arms/legs/extensions and jetways. Now let the airlines fight for the few gates that are left.
You don't need to bulldoze anything, just spend a couple billion to shift 13/31, Alpha, Bravo, and all the spur taxiways about 30 feet to the North. Then you have room to build 4 or 5 new gates to handle expansion well into the 21st century. It's shovel ready.
Quote:

Then bulldoze everything on the south side of Grand Central Parkway to Astoria Blvd. We can use that to build a grand terminal and parking area. Sadly for RJs, but just maybe one day mainline jets!!!!!!
Or, we extend 31 and 4 onto Riker's Island (each 11,000' without knocking down any houses), build a brand new terminal there (Call it the Commander Riker New York Intergalactic Airport), and move all the brick and barbed wire from the island to Astoria Blvd. and build a wicked tall wall. That's where we put the convicts, and we can put Snake Plissken in charge.
Quote: No wonder the profession is where its at. We have been conditioned to be afraid of being guys. Started with no pics in the cockpits( oops, will I get a violation for not using flightdeck?) Don't want to see pics in the cockpit, don't remove inspection panels/plates looking for them. As far as under/top/side boob, give me a break. The Macy's circular in the Sunday paper shows more.
Here, here!! Was saddened by some of the utter lameness I read prior to this post. Sheez....well, better leave it at that.
Primary vacation bids are out....at least for 73nycb. Got my 68th pick...wooohooo!
Quote: Buzz,

If you, Carl, Ferd, FTB, and all others who make my airport standby a little bit easier are leaving, please let the rest of us that lurk know.

Thank you,

The Chow
+1...if this thread moves,make it well known where we are going.
Enough of airports!

Sandra Lee........
7526  8026  8426  8476  8516  8522  8523  8524  8525  8526  8527  8528  8529  8530  8536  8576  8626  9026  9526 
Page 8526 of 20173
Go to