Cape Air

Subscribe
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229 
Page 219 of 257
Go to
How difficult is it for a junior FO to consistently hold BIL as a base? I’m out West and don’t have much interest in heading East to MA and the surrounding areas.
Length of training in Hyannis
Hi everyone,
I start training next week at home and then go to Hyannis the following week. I am a Captain candidate. How long does the training in Hyannis take? Is the in-airplane training in preparation for the ATP checkride also in Hyannis? I have heard varying accounts of the length of time spent in training, hence the question.
Thanks,
Mahesh
When will training on the new Tecnam begin? Will we see it flying around Cape this summer?
South Africans
Any South Africans currently working or starting to work for Cape Air?
Billings, tends to run junior but these things shift with time.

Training? Not sure for a direct entry captain, but initial FO training and qualification easily takes a couple months. So for a new FO, 2 months. Then PIC upgrade, maybe another month, then ATP maybe two weeks...

Tecnam? Could be any day now... That’s a guess. Not in the official loop, and if I were would be more discreet on a forum.

South Africa? Not that I’m aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-how-cape-air-is-recruiting-pilots-at-both-456606/

According to this article they already have one and that they have another 7 to be delivered this year based on other things that I've read(the wikipedia and links on the new tecnam).
Interesting. I had just read in the latest issue of FLYING Magazine that it won't be certified until at least fall and then they'll start taking delivery.
Hi everyone , how much Cape air Employees paying for health insurance family plans ?
Quote: Billings, tends to run junior but these things shift with time.

Training? Not sure for a direct entry captain, but initial FO training and qualification easily takes a couple months. So for a new FO, 2 months. Then PIC upgrade, maybe another month, then ATP maybe two weeks...

Tecnam? Could be any day now... That’s a guess. Not in the official loop, and if I were would be more discreet on a forum.

South Africa? Not that I’m aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply on training time, BT.
Mahesh
FYI, Cape Air has ordered the 1st All Electric Regional Airliner "Alice". 60% of the aircraft weight is batteries, 560NM range w/45 min reserve, 70 min recharge, half the operating cost of piston twins. 240Kts @ 10K. Be interesting to see who they hire to fly these when they arrive in a few years. I guess the bigger Regionals and Majors will have to make a new category to go along with piston, turboprop, and jet?

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n..._hsmi=73853391
Quote: FYI, Cape Air has ordered the 1st All Electric Regional Airliner "Alice". 60% of the aircraft weight is batteries, 560NM range w/45 min reserve, 70 min recharge, half the operating cost of piston twins. 240Kts @ 10K. Be interesting to see who they hire to fly these when they arrive in a few years. I guess the bigger Regionals and Majors will have to make a new category to go along with piston, turboprop, and jet?

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n..._hsmi=73853391
They just got the Tecnam’s to replace the 402’s.
119  169  209  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  229 
Page 219 of 257
Go to