FAA hiring Airspace System Inspection Pilot

Subscribe
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  40 
Page 30 of 41
Go to
Getting a tentative offer - can anyone tell me what a typical schedule looks like and how conducive to off work travel it is if you live away from your base?
Quote: Getting a tentative offer - can anyone tell me what a typical schedule looks like and how conducive to off work travel it is if you live away from your base?
What office was your offer for?
Quote: Getting a tentative offer - can anyone tell me what a typical schedule looks like and how conducive to off work travel it is if you live away from your base?
Not to blow off your question, but like so much in aviation - there isn't a typical schedule. It will depend on which office as kingsman mentions. It will depend on which fleet you are assigned. The variety of schedules and such have been detailed in previous posts - so if you haven't, I do recommend reviewing at least the posts in this thread over the last few years.

As far as commutable - there is a new 'best practices' approach of a 10.5 hr commute rule currently in place.
Sacramento and Battle Creek - I understand schedules are all subject to change - I'm looking for as rough draft
Aircraft type
What type aircraft do they fly at the ATL and the OKC bases?
Quote: What type aircraft do they fly at the ATL and the OKC bases?
Atlanta FIFO (now out of KRYY) flies the King Air 300s

Oklahoma City FIFO (KOKC) flies all of the aircraft in the regular flight inspection fleet to include the King Ai 300s, Lear 60s, and Challenger 601/604/605s. There are a few pilots flying the King Air C-90 GTis too.
Schedule
Any idea what the schedule is like for the king air in OKC and/or ATL? Is it still a similar schedule to what was stated earlier in this thread? Is the pace different between the two bases?
Quote: Any idea what the schedule is like for the king air in OKC and/or ATL? Is it still a similar schedule to what was stated earlier in this thread? Is the pace different between the two bases?
Schedule will depend on what base, which fleet, how many trainees you are competing with for itineraries, etc.... The pace as a trainee will be different than the pace once you are a PIC/ASIP around 1.5 years to upgrade (depending on your progress).
Can anyone speak to the timeline and process from CJO to firm offer? Is the background check similar to the FBI check for CCL/firearm transactions or is this more of a PRIA type inquiry?Does it have a high fail rate?
Sacramento lately has been really short on pilots. Planning on Mondays and flying Tue-Fri. Home for the weekend and repeat. Weekend overtime/comp time if you want it.
20  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  40 
Page 30 of 41
Go to