Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
131  631  1031  1081  1121  1127  1128  1129  1130  1131  1132  1133  1134  1135  1141  1181  1231  1631 
Page 1131 of 2045
Go to
Quote: What's the usual wait time for getting a call after completing the assessment?

Ps, Page 1099 was very helpful!
There doesn't seem to be a "usual time" for a call after the tech test online, and I asked the director of HR that question when I was trying to confirm they even had my application, lol. He said Atlas Air actually has no formal system in place to track every single applicant and who is at which area in the process. That being said, I found it to be very helpful to chat with the hiring department, ie Denise Borelli, at any job fairs that they go to and to re submit my Application about once per month and also to periodically email Agnes (the cool lady in Miami who emails out the tech test) to let her know my score and that I'm looking forward to hearing more from them. IE be the squeaky wheel. Atlas Air is attending the OBAP job fair in DC coming up in August according to their website so I would definitely go forth and meet and greet there! It's $145 for a day pass to the Job Fair for members and a couple bucks more for non-members Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals « OBAP
In regards to OBAP... do I need to prepurchase my pass or can I just show up? What's a good time to show up to make sure I'm first in line? I want to talk to Atlas and head off for work.
Quote: So do they also accept people who fulfill the "transition" requirements? These basically say anyone who already has a jet type qualifies.
I'm just trying to pin this down for people who have experience similar to my own, which is way more PIC than SIC and only ever flown one type, as according to Appendix H we don't qualify for initial, only transition.
I don't know if transition applies from outside a company, really can't say.
Quote: There doesn't seem to be a "usual time" for a call after the tech test online, and I asked the director of HR that question when I was trying to confirm they even had my application, lol. He said Atlas Air actually has no formal system in place to track every single applicant and who is at which area in the process. That being said, I found it to be very helpful to chat with the hiring department, ie Denise Borelli, at any job fairs that they go to and to re submit my Application about once per month and also to periodically email Agnes (the cool lady in Miami who emails out the tech test) to let her know my score and that I'm looking forward to hearing more from them. IE be the squeaky wheel. Atlas Air is attending the OBAP job fair in DC coming up in August according to their website so I would definitely go forth and meet and greet there! It's $145 for a day pass to the Job Fair for members and a couple bucks more for non-members Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals « OBAP
Thanks! I have a newborn at home and i'm working 20 days this month (straight) and 15 straight till December so going anywhere that isnt an interview is not a possibility per the wife. Haha
For those of you who are already working for Atlas (preferably the more recent hires), does it work out that you end up getting paid the min 50 hours, or does the average month normally consist of more time... and if so, what's the average for the first year?
Quote: For those of you who are already working for Atlas (preferably the more recent hires), does it work out that you end up getting paid the min 50 hours, or does the average month normally consist of more time... and if so, what's the average for the first year?
it depends... I've been here about 17 months and made guarantee twice, both times after my 1 year anniversary. First was February, during which I had my PC so my awarded schedule went out the window and second was in March when I had my vacation line up about perfectly with my awarded flying (minus 3 days which they changed to R1). First year I averaged over 75 credit hours (pay hours) per month mostly CRT but I also had a couple of high block time months last summer as well. Different experience for many of us, YMMV.
Quote: For those of you who are already working for Atlas (preferably the more recent hires), does it work out that you end up getting paid the min 50 hours, or does the average month normally consist of more time... and if so, what's the average for the first year?
Go to page 942. Professor Chaos has a really good summary on there as well as a few other folks. If you use the "search this thread" tool it helps a lot. I'm fairly new here and I know there's no way I'm just going to make the 50 hour guarantee. Lots of flying out there, as much as you'd ever wanna do actually!
Is anyone getting hired that does not have a college degree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks again fellas! Looking forward to it!
Quote: In regards to OBAP... do I need to prepurchase my pass or can I just show up? What's a good time to show up to make sure I'm first in line? I want to talk to Atlas and head off for work.
I imagine that kind of information is available on the OBAP website
131  631  1031  1081  1121  1127  1128  1129  1130  1131  1132  1133  1134  1135  1141  1181  1231  1631 
Page 1131 of 2045
Go to