Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
619  1119  1519  1569  1609  1615  1616  1617  1618  1619  1620  1621  1622  1623  1629  1669  1719 
Page 1619 of 2047
Go to
Quote: What are reserve times for the different bases and what is rsv like at atlas? Do they pay for a hotel while you are on reserve?
Everything is pretty much reserve, lines are just psuedo reserve. They pay for the hotel then Tax you on it!! Never mind we make 30% less then Alligient or Kallita. Its a joke, stay away.
Quote: What are reserve times for the different bases and what is rsv like at atlas? Do they pay for a hotel while you are on reserve?
They pay for a hotel which counts as Gross Pay. You pay income taxes on it.
Quote: They pay for a hotel which counts as Gross Pay. You pay income taxes on it.
Is that something the NC is going after?
We have R3 reserve in CVG for the 767...it is airport ready reserve. All other official reserve is R2.

Sometimes, your R2 line turns into a patterned trip before you start R2. Usually, R2 is in your base. You generally pay imputed income, which is taxed, for the first night you arrive to your base, if you are travelling via gateway. I am not sure if you pay imputed for further nights of R2 in your base. If you do R2 not in your base, then it is not imputed. If you travel to your base from an Alternate Travel location, then there is no imputed income for the airfare and first night in hotel.

My last R2, was in my base. I was there 24 hours, and then was gone to HI, MEL, Asia, and CVG until my trip ended in ANC. The company airlined me to an Alternate Travel location from ANC (not my gateway).

The union is working on ending the Gateway and Basing system, according to what I was told.
Note: DAL has Bases. NetJets has Gateway Basing. ATI has Home Basing. Atlas is the only carrier to have 2 of the above 3, and it is crap. We have Gateway Travel (and Alternate Travel) to/from your start/end of trip. Your trips usually start and end in your Base, mostly depending on which base you get assigned.

Feel free to PM me for questions...
I sat R3 for 17 days in CVG, my base, and all the per diem almost $900 was added to my paycheck as taxable income. ATLAS IS A JOKE STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote: Is that something the NC is going after?
If you mean Negotiating Committee then yes. We're going for an Industry Standard Contract. What does that mean? It could mean we end up with damn near anything depending on what happens. We're most likely 2 or 3 years away from a new contract. Currently the company is pushing back over Industry Standard Language for Furlough and Uniforms.
Quote: If you mean Negotiating Committee then yes. We're going for an Industry Standard Contract. What does that mean? It could mean we end up with damn near anything depending on what happens. We're most likely 2 or 3 years away from a new contract. Currently the company is pushing back over Industry Standard Language for Furlough and Uniforms.
****. I've been hearing 3 years if we are lucky. During the last sit down. We couldn't even agree on how uniform payments. 😂😂😂

I had high hopes in coming here. Not so much anymore.
Quote: We have R3 reserve in CVG for the 767...it is airport ready reserve. All other official reserve is R2.

Sometimes, your R2 line turns into a patterned trip before you start R2. Usually, R2 is in your base. You generally pay imputed income, which is taxed, for the first night you arrive to your base, if you are travelling via gateway. I am not sure if you pay imputed for further nights of R2 in your base. If you do R2 not in your base, then it is not imputed. If you travel to your base from an Alternate Travel location, then there is no imputed income for the airfare and first night in hotel.

My last R2, was in my base. I was there 24 hours, and then was gone to HI, MEL, Asia, and CVG until my trip ended in ANC. The company airlined me to an Alternate Travel location from ANC (not my gateway).

The union is working on ending the Gateway and Basing system, according to what I was told.
Note: DAL has Bases. NetJets has Gateway Basing. ATI has Home Basing. Atlas is the only carrier to have 2 of the above 3, and it is crap. We have Gateway Travel (and Alternate Travel) to/from your start/end of trip. Your trips usually start and end in your Base, mostly depending on which base you get assigned.

Feel free to PM me for questions...
Thanks for the great response! How does the Gateway Travel vs Alternate Travel vs home basing (which I know Atlas doesn't have) all work. Thanks in advance, all I know is regular bases, currently at a ULCC and thinking about making the jump, ready for a change of scenery.
When you get extended for 3 extra days on top of your normal 17 days how is that payed? above guarantee? 150%?
Quote: When you get extended for 3 extra days on top of your normal 17 days how is that payed? above guarantee? 150%?
Extended after 17. Try more like 18 - 19 days. Then being extend for 3, plus travel home. It's feesable to be gone from home for 22 days in that case. No amount of pay is worth that
619  1119  1519  1569  1609  1615  1616  1617  1618  1619  1620  1621  1622  1623  1629  1669  1719 
Page 1619 of 2047
Go to