Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
765  1265  1665  1715  1755  1761  1762  1763  1764  1765  1766  1767  1768  1769  1775  1815  1865 
Page 1765 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Sooooo, the hiring of P. Douglas McKeen (by the company?) for the intent of negotiations - Will this help or hurt?

Not asking for the standard Capt Obvious “whatever the company does is hurtful!”

Any relevant discussion/thoughts?
I think he negotiated the ASTAR contract just before they parked 80 percent of the fleet, but I could be wrong.
Interesting! That doesn’t sound favorable if there is any bearing to him specifically. Thx for the input.

He also seemed to have input at US Airways, Northwest, America West and the latest coming from United. Notably, some of the aforementioned aren’t around any more or in a different capacity if you will.

Any other good info regarding contract good, bad, basic negotiating practices. United is still going strong, but who knows what intensity he had there? I obviously do not. Any United folks in the know?
Quote: Interesting! That doesn’t sound favorable if there is any bearing to him specifically. Thx for the input.

He also seemed to have input at US Airways, Northwest, America West and the latest coming from United. Notably, some of the aforementioned aren’t around any more or in a different capacity if you will.

Any other good info regarding contract good, bad, basic negotiating practices. United is still going strong, but who knows what intensity he had there? I obviously do not. Any United folks in the know?
I don't believe that McKeen had anything to do with any pilot contracts / negotiations at United. I believe that he most recently was negotiating against their mechanics. I could very well be wrong, however.
Quote: I don't believe that McKeen had anything to do with any pilot contracts / negotiations at United. I believe that he most recently was negotiating against their mechanics. I could very well be wrong, however.
Why would the company choose this particular individual to negotiate our contract?

Was this someone that holds himself out as a professional airline negotiator?
Quote:
Was this someone that holds himself out as a professional airline negotiator?
Apparently that is the case. Before we all get too far ahead of our selves we have to bear in mind he has been hired by the company so he is there to represent their best interests. We have to hope that he will be more in touch with the reality of the current and impending state of the industry and will convince them that it is their best interests to implement an industry competitive CBA before we fully implode and before the final conclusions of the Houston crash are released. This ship needs to be stabilized before it's too late and it's debatable whether we have already passed the PNR.
In my opinion we are to far gone. We're a joke to anyone looking for a flying job. Widebody operator with Cessna paystubs.
Thanks for the insightful and relevant posts regarding the possible direction of this scenario.

Could be for the better or worse, or maybe new tactics.

Keep those specific informative posts coming. Airline climate is a known factor, looking for possible climate change without being “Greta” for sure!
The 747 class that started today may be the worst turnout for the 74 in the history of Atlas. 7 out of 28.
Quote: The 747 class that started today may be the worst turnout for the 74 in the history of Atlas. 7 out of 28.
All that much more ammo for our side of the negotiating table this week. Heard from someone that the last check airman meeting was an absolute fecal extravaganza as well. This is it... Atlas either sinks or swims now.
Quote: All that much more ammo for our side of the negotiating table this week. Heard from someone that the last check airman meeting was an absolute fecal extravaganza as well. This is it... Atlas either sinks or swims now.
Let's say you hire 168 747 guys and 60 767 guys and lose 300 to attrition. You'll shrink by about 70 pilots. They can still man your airline if everyone is willing to fly extra... about 3.5% extra per pilot... Also, they can start having yall break for hours instead of rig without even paying over time. They really need to start having 747 classes of 0 for it to hit hard enough. That may happen this year though because generally the classes in January are easier to fill.
765  1265  1665  1715  1755  1761  1762  1763  1764  1765  1766  1767  1768  1769  1775  1815  1865 
Page 1765 of 2045
Go to