Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
299  699  749  789  795  796  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  809  849  899  1299  1799 
Page 799 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Is Atlas seeing any attrition to the legacies or LCCs?
Short answer is Yes...don't know the numbers but others might be more informed on that than me.
Quote: Short answer is Yes...don't know the numbers but others might be more informed on that than me.
A lot of folks understandably keep their cards pretty close to the vest on this. There are a lot of folks hired in the last few years that have irons in the fire. Once the shine comes off flying a 74 or 76 (and it will) a lot of guys will get down to the nitty gritty on the realities of the job. An age I've heard is anyone less than 45 is probably looking hard. I don't know the reality of that but it seems reasonable.
Most of attrition was recalls. Have heard a number of guys, usually younger, have their apps out...
There r a big range of schedules at atlas. While I am sure that my schedule will change, I am currently programmed for 37 days in a row at home...it is mostly because of where my vacation fell in March.
Sorry we got sidetracked. Question about attrition. I think most people are waiting it out to see how aggressive we are going to be in pursuing a better contract. Lots of us really love the job and people at atlas, but its hard to pass up the B fund at the majors for the next 30+ years if we don't get one. Nobody is leaving to places like JetBlue, Virgin, etc though. It's only to the big three that I've heard. Flew with a new guy that's in a pool and he said over half of his new hire class has been hired at Delta or United, so attrition is coming soon.
They can always hire a guy (me) who will stay for the long haul...literally.
Quote: Sorry we got sidetracked. Question about attrition. I think most people are waiting it out to see how aggressive we are going to be in pursuing a better contract. Lots of us really love the job and people at atlas, but its hard to pass up the B fund at the majors for the next 30+ years if we don't get one. Nobody is leaving to places like JetBlue, Virgin, etc though. It's only to the big three that I've heard. Flew with a new guy that's in a pool and he said over half of his new hire class has been hired at Delta or United, so attrition is coming soon.
I am one of those guys. I am waiting out a new contract as I love the type of flying Atlas does. However, if our CBA can not keep up with the rest of the industry, I will be shopping for another job.
For what it's worth, a friend just turned down the Feb 24 class for a job a Delta. IMHO the pilot shortage is just starting for qualified applicants due to the future retirement numbers; training numbers and the incredible cost of getting your tickets to work for poor pay as you gain experience; the new ATP requirements starting in Aug; the downsizing of the military and reduction of "qualified" military applicants (for numerous reasons); growth in global pilot demand.... and the list goes on. Bottom line, from what I've seen on the line, if you're under 40 you should (probably) have your apps out. Over you're over 40... well, now it's a crap shoot. Just my .00002 AMU.
Interesting article on Qantas. Think this effect Atlas?

BBC News - Qantas to cut 5,000 jobs after A$252m half-year loss
Qantas and Qantas Freight are independent of each other (to my understanding).

Not having been to SYD for a while I can't confirm that but this is the way it has been.
299  699  749  789  795  796  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  809  849  899  1299  1799 
Page 799 of 2045
Go to