Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
394  794  844  884  890  891  892  893  894  895  896  897  898  904  944  994  1394  1894 
Page 894 of 2044
Go to
Quote: $6000 a month minus the imputed income tax is an insult to fly a 747.
Oh, I never said it was great. Just better than most other places if Delta/United/AA aren't blowing up your phone. I'm pretty sure Atlas has been counting on that for some time.

But, get down to new hires making 84% or less of that pay, and other non-Legacy options start looking better (even just staying put at a regional makes sense).
Quote: But seriously, gooda ruck to Atlas if the 737 thing ever happens. The $97/hr second year pay on the 747 is a strong draw to Atlas, but everything below that (even the 767) isn't really a great deal.
Coming in and flying the 737 as an FO would mean that we'd start attracting guys who would be starting at a regional but decide to get some 737 time instead. Just an opinion... They won't be able to get any new types on property if they keep losing us faster than they can train us which is what has happened so far this year.
Quote: Coming in and flying the 737 as an FO would mean that we'd start attracting guys who would be starting at a regional but decide to get some 737 time instead. Just an opinion... They won't be able to get any new types on property if they keep losing us faster than they can train us which is what has happened so far this year.
Atlas is now the fat girl at the dance that no one wants to ask out. Atlas had it's 15 minutes of fame, it's now over, and they're in denial. They have a decision to make in Purchase, either turn this place into a revolving door flight school where young kids go to get Boeing type ratings; or, pay to play with the big boys. Simple as that.
Quote: ...or, pay to play with the big boys. Simple as that.
I'd like what's behind door number two please Monty.
Quote: I'd like what's behind door number two please Monty.
Me too... Changing jobs sucks.
Quote: either turn this place into a revolving door flight school where young kids go to get Boeing type ratings; or, pay to play with the big boys. Simple as that.
They've said to our faces they are totally unconcerned with attrition. Time will tell.
Quote: Coming in and flying the 737 as an FO would mean that we'd start attracting guys who would be starting at a regional but decide to get some 737 time instead. Just an opinion... They won't be able to get any new types on property if they keep losing us faster than they can train us which is what has happened so far this year.
Yep, and it makes me wonder about second-year 737 pay. First year pay for all equipment is currently $77.27/hr across the board, but doing the math, second year 737 pay would be... $73.68/hr?

Someone didn't think that one through.

Ah well, enough rumor-mongering. When are we getting the 787s again?
Quote:
Yep, and it makes me wonder about second-year 737 pay. First year pay for all equipment is currently $77.27/hr across the board, but doing the math, second year 737 pay would be... $73.68/hr?

Someone didn't think that one through.

Ah well, enough rumor-mongering. When are we getting the 787s again?
I actually got a pay raise going from Atlas second year pay 767 to a legacy on a 737 at first year pay due to min guarantee being almost 20 hours more a month. Made the choice to go easy...and an immediate pay raise
Quote: I actually got a pay raise going from Atlas second year pay 767 to a legacy on a 737 at first year pay due to min guarantee being almost 20 hours more a month. Made the choice to go easy...and an immediate pay raise
No doubt, and congrats to you for getting the call.
Quote: I actually got a pay raise going from Atlas second year pay 767 to a legacy on a 737 at first year pay due to min guarantee being almost 20 hours more a month. Made the choice to go easy...and an immediate pay raise
Not just base pay but 401k is night and day...great move and congrats again.
394  794  844  884  890  891  892  893  894  895  896  897  898  904  944  994  1394  1894 
Page 894 of 2044
Go to