Omni Air

Subscribe
35  85  125  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  145  185  235 
Page 135 of 435
Go to
Sorry, yes I was referring to the special flying which requires a security clearance. As you point out they are indeed two months, not three months in duration.
The other side of the Omni schedule as pointed out above, is the opportunity for long periods of days off. Especially in the slow season.
Im a 777 FO at Southern Air and just emailed my resume. I have a current security clearance and was wondering how long the line is? Starting pay is better than where im at now lol so its actually a step up.
Quote: Im a 777 FO at Southern Air and just emailed my resume. I have a current security clearance and was wondering how long the line is? Starting pay is better than where im at now lol so its actually a step up.
If you are on the 777 stay at Southern. Pay and QOL is a lot higher at Southern. Last time I talked to a 777 pilot the 777 lines are paying 85-90 hours, you will never see more than 60 at Omni without picking up OT.
I've read this thread for an hour and I'm a little confused on the scheduling/gateway/base thing.

ACP shows the airline "out of LAS" but yet the company website says Oklahoma.

Is LAS "just" a base or is there more to it than that?

Secondly, a question about scheduling. Not unlike the guy who was living in LAS asking scheduling questions, I plan on moving to LAS this winter.
Does living in LAS act as a benefit? i.e. no gateway travel? Are there other "bases" that you might get assigned to?

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the company because of the mission and the base location/gateway flexibility. I a former military with 15,000+ hours a couple of types.

Cheers,
St
Quote: I've read this thread for an hour and I'm a little confused on the scheduling/gateway/base thing.

Secondly, a question about scheduling. Not unlike the guy who was living in LAS asking scheduling questions, I plan on moving to LAS this winter.
Does living in LAS act as a benefit? i.e. no gateway travel? Are there other "bases" that you might get assigned to?

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the company because of the mission and the base location/gateway flexibility. I a former military with 15,000+ hours a couple of types.

Cheers,
St
LAS is a very senior base with Omni. So you will be home based and get flown to where ever the plane is. With you time and background have you looked at Atlas?
"Special flying"
Hi,

Could anyone go a little more in detail about "special flying" AgCat was talking about. How does one get that assignment, and is it senior? Does it pay more per hour or just more flight time per month?As someone with a clearance and is no stranger to 60 to 90 day rotations this is something that might interest me. What would the chance a new hire could get that assignment.

Thanks again
Quote: Hi,

Could anyone go a little more in detail about "special flying" AgCat was talking about. How does one get that assignment, and is it senior? Does it pay more per hour or just more flight time per month?As someone with a clearance and is no stranger to 60 to 90 day rotations this is something that might interest me. What would the chance a new hire could get that assignment.

Thanks again
My info is a bit dated but it really isn't anything special. There is a reason it goes very jr on the FO side. The bid lines are 60 days, that doesn't mean you are going to be gone for 60. You will only see three airports BWI-OTP-KBL and not make that much more money. If you are willing to fly into places like KBL apply to Atlas and make a good bit more money.

Edit: There isn't anything top secret about the flying. You can track the flight on flightaware and their mess up is on the NTSB website.
Edit: There isn't anything top secret about the flying. You can track the flight on flightaware and their mess up is on the NTSB website.[/QUOTE]

You can read about the Atlas mistake on the NTSB website as well!
Quote: I've read this thread for an hour and I'm a little confused on the scheduling/gateway/base thing.

Cheers,
St
HQ is in Tulsa, OK.

Omni has only "one" base for pilots, LAS (from this point on this particular being what we know as "LAS" will be known as Vegas/VH.) BUT! only 5 captains and 5 FOs are based in Vegas/VH. EVERYONE else who works for Omni and lives in LAS but not Vegas/VH is "home base." Yes! You can still live in LAS and not be Vegas/VH based but still be home based. Meaning; you will not be doing the Vacation Hawaii (VH) flying. But, when you have to go to work Omni will buy you a ticket out of LAS to wherever in the world they need you to be.

Here is a list of our "Gateway bases." All "gateway" basically means is, find an airport on this list you want to be airlined out of as your home base. For instance, if you wanted to live 2 hours outside of the city of Las Vegas and its airport, you can. Just KLAS would be your gateway base and Omni would buy you a ticket out of KLAS to get you to the other side of world.

ABI, ABQ, ACT, ALB, ATL, AUS, AVL, AVP, BDL, BHM. BIL, BNA, BOI, BOS, BTV, BUF, BUR, BWI, BZN, CAE, CHO, CHS, CLE, CLT, CMH, COS, CRP, CSG, CVG, DAB, DAL, DAY, DCA, DEN, DFW, DSM, DTW, ELM, ELP, EWR, FAR, FAT, FAY, FLL, FLO, FSD, GEG, GNV, GPT, GRB, GRR, GSO, GSP, HLN, HOU, IAH, ICT, ILM, IND, JAX, JFK, LAS, LAX, LEX, LGA, LIT, MAF, MCI, MCO, MDT, MDW, MEM, MGM, MHT, MIA, MKE, MKG, MLB, MSO, MSP, MSY, OAK, OKC, OMA, ONT, ORD, ORF, PBI PDX, PHL, PHX, PIT, PNS, RAP, RDU, RIC, RIV, RNO, ROA, RST, RSW, SAN, SAT, SAV, SDF, SEA, SFO, SGF, SHV, SJC, SLC, SMF, SNA, SRQ, STL, SYR, TLH, TPA, TRI, TUL, TUS, TYR, TYS, VPS.

Quote: Hi,

Thanks again
Yeah, the "special" flying that everyone knows about in the business is not that much of a secret. The company will give you an 80 hour guarantee instead of a 60 hour. But, as a junior FO new to the company, that flying is ALL you will do. You will have no choice to do anything else unless you volunteer.

You can't be assigned to it, ever. You have to sign up and get the clearance required. Then and only then can you bid for that particular flying on the bid packet.

Quote: My info is a bit dated but it really isn't anything special. There is a reason it goes very jr on the FO side. The bid lines are 60 days, that doesn't mean you are going to be gone for 60. You will only see three airports BWI-OTP-KBL and not make that much more money. If you are willing to fly into places like KBL apply to Atlas and make a good bit more money.

Edit: There isn't anything top secret about the flying. You can track the flight on flightaware and their mess up is on the NTSB website.

Yeah you can also look up Atlas' mistake on NTSB.......

Quote: Edit: There isn't anything top secret about the flying. You can track the flight on flightaware and their mess up is on the NTSB website.

Yeah, you can also see Visions mistake on the NTSB....(also see above.)

Oh yeah, you can see Dynamics and all of Nationals, Worlds, and Nationals mistakes at that airport on there too.
Quote: HQ is in Tulsa, OK.

Oh yeah, you can see Dynamics and all of Nationals, Worlds, and Nationals mistakes at that airport on there too.
Now why are you dragging Dynamics, National and World into your little cat fight?
35  85  125  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  145  185  235 
Page 135 of 435
Go to