Omni Air

Subscribe
75  125  165  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  185  225  275 
Page 175 of 435
Go to
Quote: I'm pretty sure that seeing how you are still new, you really don't know what your talking about. As an ex Alaska pilot, I would think you knew how to avoid koolaid.
Finally somebody else noticed that this guy thinks he knows it all.
Thank You BoeingBrat.
Why is Omni losing so many pilots, and where do they typically go??? It sounds like they are not getting enough new hires to replace those leaving???
Omni didn't get the SonAir contract although it was something they were really hoping to achieve. No new birds on the way but hiring indefinitely for the near future into both fleets.
I'm sure it is the typical hiring right up until they furlough out of the blue. It's been a little while since they had a surprise furlough, could be due for another.
Quote: Why is Omni losing so many pilots, and where do they typically go??? It sounds like they are not getting enough new hires to replace those leaving???
We had a few at G4, and sadly this was before G4's new contract.
I can see people leaving omni to allegiant for quality of life reasons. 18 days on the road versus day trips almost no overnights is a huge change.
Quote: I can see people leaving omni to allegiant for quality of life reasons. 18 days on the road versus day trips almost no overnights is a huge change.
18 days isn't for everyone but the company doesn't hide this fact. You know this when hired so not sure what the issue is

Allegiant schedules are almost un commutable thus for someone that doesn't live in one of their odd bases home basing provides a much better QOL. Some people like the heavy international 1 leg to your overnight flying. It's definitely not for everyone but for most it beats the multi-leg up and down flying of the LCC's. Comparing Allegiant and Omni is like comparing Apples and Oranges.
Quote: I can see people leaving omni to allegiant for quality of life reasons. 18 days on the road versus day trips almost no overnights is a huge change.
Just flew with a Captain who is seriously considering Allegiant due to the new contract.

Quote: Allegiant schedules are almost un commutable thus for someone that doesn't live in one of their odd bases home basing provides a much better QOL. Some people like the heavy international 1 leg to your overnight flying. It's definitely not for everyone but for most it beats the multi-leg up and down flying of the LCC's. Comparing Allegiant and Omni is like comparing Apples and Oranges.
Very true on multiple levels.
Quote: 18 days isn't for everyone but the company doesn't hide this fact. You know this when hired so not sure what the issue is

Allegiant schedules are almost un commutable thus for someone that doesn't live in one of their odd bases home basing provides a much better QOL. Some people like the heavy international 1 leg to your overnight flying. It's definitely not for everyone but for most it beats the multi-leg up and down flying of the LCC's. Comparing Allegiant and Omni is like comparing Apples and Oranges.
I completely agree, which is why I came to omni [emoji6]

I was just pointing out what could lead to some people leaving omni for allegiant like one of the previous posters pointed out. People can like that flying for various different reasons. Maybe have a kid on the way and prefer to now be home every night compares to on the road for long stretches. All depends what they want in life and what works best for their situation.
Quality of life. The pipeline fills with a good match or eager fight hour hunters either way there is a fit.
75  125  165  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  185  225  275 
Page 175 of 435
Go to