Omni Air

Subscribe
22  62  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  82  122  172 
Page 72 of 435
Go to
Class of two 767 new hires starts on the 19th. Maybe there will be more movement soon with the news of the recent interviews to refresh the pool....hoping!! I'm guessing this 'micro-class' is to back-fill for the previously mentioned upgrades?
Quote: I apologize in advance if it has already been discussed(to lazy to search hundreds of pages). What percent of OAI revenue is produced from DOD flying? Thanks
My best guess would be approximately 75% since the company seems to be more active with seeking out commercial and corporate charters. We have a 777 undergoing a C check with new interior/IFE/crew rest which should help the aircraft be more marketable...at least we hope.
Heard all the 767s are getting crew rest accommodations, too, whether it be a lay-flat seat in back, or the bunkroom.
Quote: Heard all the 767s are getting crew rest accommodations, too, whether it be a lay-flat seat in back, or the bunkroom.
new rest rules start Jan 2014 - where are they going to put the bunkroom in the 767 ? heard maybe just business seats for rest - the 777 is getting a crewbunk room upfront
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...mentID/1020336
I guess it depends on which classification rest facility is required. If class-1, then it's gotta be some sort of bunkroom. I know DAL has 767s with bunkrooms down below decks, and I heard that there's an insert that can go between the cockpit and fwd galley, too.

Quote: new rest rules start Jan 2014 - where are they going to put the bunkroom in the 767 ? heard maybe just business seats for rest - the 777 is getting a crewbunk room upfront
I'm glad they are being proactive and putting them in before it is mandatory. It will make life a little better for the flight deck crews. The FA's are not allowed to use the bunks at all, hope they put something in their contract to get adequate rest facilities.
New hire pilot class started today. Looks like 6 on each fleet.
Quote: new rest rules start Jan 2014 - where are they going to put the bunkroom in the 767 ? heard maybe just business seats for rest - the 777 is getting a crewbunk room upfront
The first 767 is back online with the crew condo. It is located in the center area between the two aisles at the front bulkhead. There is room inside to change out of your shirt and lay flat on a bunk. It's a bunkbed condo with all the required emergency equipment inside.
Quote: New hire pilot class started today. Looks like 6 on each fleet.
How do they decide who gets what aircraft? Also, what are the QOL differences between the fleets? (time on the road, hours flown, number of legs, etc)
22  62  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  82  122  172 
Page 72 of 435
Go to