TMC- Travel Management Company

Subscribe
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76 
Page 26 of 120
Go to
Quote: Well... In my class all but one had flown jets previously.
Almost all of us were 4000TT and above.
The pay may be entry level but I never heard of anyone getting hired with 2500 TT or around there. Maybe I'm wrong
I had to look it up. I had 2521 TT when I hit the line there. I know a few guys who were hired with less. It happened, but it isn't as prevalent now.
Union
Hi all

I'm a long time lurker first time poster
I've heard there's a union attempt going on at TMC right now with the teamsters.
Can anyone verify this as true?
Quote: Hi all

I'm a long time lurker first time poster
I've heard there's a union attempt going on at TMC right now with the teamsters.
Can anyone verify this as true?
Yeah, the union cards got sent out a couple of days ago.
Quote: Kidding... I lied!!! :P

go hawks !

SEAHAWKS gonna BEAST QUAKE

Man, I can only name 3 1900 prop drivers that went to United in the last year. Dang!
How likely do you guys think it is that the vote will pass? What are most people wantin in terms of a contract?
Quote: How likely do you guys think it is that the vote will pass? What are most people wantin in terms of a contract?
95% likely !
Something better than 15 days away from home.
Not being forced train on days off
Some contribution to health insurance
Defined max duty day policy on Go home day
Vacation
More than 2 sick days a year
What we really want- Not being scared and fearing for our job when we say NO MORE!
Shocking that management would allow a union in. It will kill the company.
"Allow" really doesn't describe how they've handled it, in the same way that a store owner would take exception to one saying, "he allowed himself to be robbed," or a young woman might presumptuously be said to have, "allowed herself to be assaulted."

From what I can see, the initial efforts were pretty disciplined and stealthy. This thing seems to have reached critical mass before the man gave any indication that he was onto it.

Then again, history shows that appearances tend to be deceiving.
Quote: "Allow" really doesn't describe how they've handled it, in the same way that a store owner would take exception to one saying, "he allowed himself to be robbed," or a young woman might presumptuously be said to have, "allowed herself to be assaulted."

From what I can see, the initial efforts were pretty disciplined and stealthy. This thing seems to have reached critical mass before the man gave any indication that he was onto it.

Then again, history shows that appearances tend to be deceiving.

I sound like a tool for a minute there. Apologies...my point kind of gets lost.

In any case, if one were to say that TMC "allowed" it in the sense that they didn't really listen to or address the pilot group's concerns well enough, then you're definitely right.
Solaero check your pm
16  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  36  76 
Page 26 of 120
Go to