TMC- Travel Management Company

Subscribe
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109 
Page 59 of 120
Go to
Quote: Any big changes lately because of the union or the purchase?
None to speak of. However, there seems to be some folks thinking we're going to merge with XO. I'm not sure where that idea is coming from, but I'm hearing it more frequently. I can't think of a logical reason for TPG to go down that road (not right now, anyway).
Quote: None to speak of. However, there seems to be some folks thinking we're going to merge with XO. I'm not sure where that idea is coming from, but I'm hearing it more frequently. I can't think of a logical reason for TPG to go down that road (not right now, anyway).

No logical reason? How about the good old consultant word "synergy"? What if you strip out redundant costs and systems to help pay back some of the acquisition debt? Why would you want 2 marketing departments? Why not offer customers a "full range of aircraft types" so that customers seeking a lower price point don't shop elsewhere? Or offer a "one-stop shop"? I have heard it all before. Just give the consultants time....
All of the office stuff and operations at TMC will probably get wrapped up into Xojet out in Sacramento and bay area main office. We were told all flying will remain separate for time being. Who knows though.
Quote: None to speak of. However, there seems to be some folks thinking we're going to merge with XO. I'm not sure where that idea is coming from, but I'm hearing it more frequently. I can't think of a logical reason for TPG to go down that road (not right now, anyway).
You can't? 2 DOs, 2 CPs, 2 DofMs, 2 SOCs...are all more expensive than 1.
Probably similiar to the Flight Options and Flexjet operations. They still operate as seperate pilot and flying groups,but all ops stuff is combined down in Texas for both companies.
Anyone at TMC end up going over their 8 on while on rotation or do they get you back home on time consistently ?
Are you guys still planning to upgrade your Beechjets to Nextant 400XTs?
The Nextant upgrades have been on hold for at least a year and a half. I haven't heard anything new on that since.

As for getting us home on time, I've never been late on go home day. The policy is if you're not at your home base by 3AM on the day after go home day, you get an extra days pay. BNA is my base airport and 90% of the time I'm landing in Nashville by 7PM, and in 18 months of working here I've never been late.
It's maybe happened four or five times, averaging less than once a year for me. And I'm not exactly easy to get home. Last flight out of ATL to my home leaves around 10pm. EWR to my alternate, around 9pm. Seen many of those.

Nextant: let's see what the new management wants. I don't think it'll happen with the current crew. JMO.
How does TMC rank against Delta Private jets nowdays?
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109 
Page 59 of 120
Go to