TMC- Travel Management Company

Subscribe
39  79  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  99 
Page 89 of 120
Go to
Quote: Doesn't have to be a major... A regional pilot, regardless of seat, makes more than TMC.
I wish that were true. But it's not. A senior TMC captain leaving for a regional is going to take a significant pay cut for the first 2-3 (probably more) years. If only flow worked the way its advertised . . . Better to hold out for a major.
That could be the case at a few of the carriers, but it would be an almost unnoticeable amount. When you look at the long term though, earnings over the period would be significantly better. I'm simply trying to state that there are a bunch of choices these days. Pilots can choose to support their union and pilot group to achieve reasonable pay and work rules, or they can pull out and head somewhere that already has a CBA in place.
The problem at TMC is the pilots.

Too many willing to "chop wood" on days off instead of standing with others and only doing what is required. That would force management to negotiate.

Too many at TMC think and say, "It's the best job I've ever had!" They should be thinking, "It's the best job I've ever had???" These pilots don't deserve better, but that thought hurts the majority that do deserve better.

Management may be the enemy, but the pilots are the bottleneck to change. The union is not a mythical creature that comes in and waves a magic wand. It is pilots from the group giving up their time to fight for the rest of the group. But it means nothing if all the pilots aren't on the same mission, whether they pay dues or not. Just because someone comes to fix holes in a sinking ship does not make it ok for you to drill new ones.
Very well said. Its most unfortunate that there are so many prostitutes that will chop for their own personal gain that are only prolonging the substandard lifestyle for the rest of the group.
Beechjet people, Jetlinx is looking for multiple PICs throughout the system - including home based floaters. Pay and QOL will be significantly better than TMC.

Any questions feel free to send a PM.

Apply here - http://app.jobvite.com/m?3QqUAiwx
Quote: Beechjet people, Jetlinx is looking for multiple PICs throughout the system - including home based floaters. Pay and QOL will be significantly better than TMC.

See guys? The buzzards are circling
Quote: Beechjet people, Jetlinx is looking for multiple PICs throughout the system - including home based floaters. Pay and QOL will be significantly better than TMC.

I have a Beechjet friend who is looking. What does the schedule look like?
1) I'm just starting my jet career and for my own reasons I prefer not to go 121 (for now). I read through all the pros+cons at TMC and I gather it's an OK place to START as an FO but no reason for me to stay for the long run. Opinions?
2) What is the average monthly flying?

Thx.
Quote: See guys? The buzzards are circling
You should be saying thank you for helping. Its a better paying company with better benefits.
Quote:
2) What is the average monthly flying?
Anecdotally, I've flown as little as 8 hours to as much as 89 in a month. Overall average is 48 hours / month. If you want some advice regarding your first question, I would strongly suggest you put TMC at the bottom of your list. There are several better options out there if you can't/won't get into the 121 world.
39  79  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  99 
Page 89 of 120
Go to