Skywest

Subscribe
268  318  358  364  365  366  367  368  369  370  371  372  378  418  468  868  1368 
Page 368 of 1519
Go to
Can anybody tell me what the call out is while on reserve if sfo based? I live an hour and 15 minutes away. Thanks!
Quote: Can anybody tell me what the call out is while on reserve if sfo based? I live an hour and 15 minutes away. Thanks!
Callouts are 2 hours for short call reserve and 12 hours for long call reserve. Long calls can be converted to short call a certain number of times per month, and long call usually goes to the more senior reserves.

In my experience on reserve actual 2 hour callouts were not that common. Typically I would get a trip assigned a day or two in advance, or they would call me at 4am to notify me of an 8-10am show time. You would probably be alright living an hour and 15 mins away as long as you kept your bag packed and ready to go. You may get an occasional missed assignment when they give you a 2 hour call out in the middle of rush hour.
Based on current seniority and movement, how long to get a CRJ in SFO? Reserve or line?
Quote: Based on current seniority and movement, how long to get a CRJ in SFO? Reserve or line?
A year and a half on the RJ. Immediately on the Brasilia. Some of the new hire classes in the brasilia recently have held a line in SFO right out of training. If you live in SFO and choose the CRJ you'll be commuting to reserve for a very long time while brasilia guys hold a line in your domicile and make more money than you.
Quote: A year and a half on the RJ. Immediately on the Brasilia. Some of the new hire classes in the brasilia recently have held a line in SFO right out of training. If you live in SFO and choose the CRJ you'll be commuting to reserve for a very long time while brasilia guys hold a line in your domicile and make more money than you.
Well that's a no brainier then. EMB it is. Looking forward to class. Thanks for your advice.
As an aside, the pay chart here shows the same pay for all three first year.

Is the chart on APC not accurate for Skywest?
Quote: As an aside, the pay chart here shows the same pay for all three first year.

Both the bro and jet are the same pay the first year so it doesn't matter which one you choose if you're looking at hourly rate. Since you can hold a line sooner on the bro then you'd make more money per month out of the gate but after first year the pay on the jet is higher than the bro but by then your seat lock will be up and you can transition to the jet if the company is holding classes.
Quote: Callouts are 2 hours for short call reserve and 12 hours for long call reserve. Long calls can be converted to short call a certain number of times per month, and long call usually goes to the more senior reserves.

In my experience on reserve actual 2 hour callouts were not that common. Typically I would get a trip assigned a day or two in advance, or they would call me at 4am to notify me of an 8-10am show time. You would probably be alright living an hour and 15 mins away as long as you kept your bag packed and ready to go. You may get an occasional missed assignment when they give you a 2 hour call out in the middle of rush hour.
The only way to really get in trouble by being a little late on a call out is if they have you deadheading. But the odds are low that you'd get a two hour call and a deadhead at the same time.

In a real crunch you could take a cab to save the time dealing with parking.
Quote: As an aside, the pay chart here shows the same pay for all three first year.

FO payscales are a little low on APC, add $2 and some change year 2 and 3, $37/$39/$40
Quote: but after first year the pay on the jet is higher than the bro
Not really. I was bidding 30% in domicile after 1 year on the bro. I would have been on reserve in every RJ base bidding 95%+. Lineholders on the bro can easily make more than reserves on the RJ on 2nd year pay. I actually took a temporary paycut when I transitioned over to the jet at a year and a half. Once I got a line on the RJ I made more money than I was making on the bro.
268  318  358  364  365  366  367  368  369  370  371  372  378  418  468  868  1368 
Page 368 of 1519
Go to