Skywest

Subscribe
237  637  687  727  733  734  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  747  787  837  1237 
Page 737 of 1519
Go to
Just my two cents...I've been here over 7 years and still an FO. I still really enjoy my job. Maybe it's the way I'm wired or maybe it's the fact that I sat in a cubicle for two and half years, I don't know. I love that I don't ever dread going to work. Skywest is a good company, not perfect though. I fly with a bunch of great captains and occasionally a not so great one.

CCB is a bit overdramatic. A lot of this job (as with any job) is your attitude. It's up to you if you are miserable or happy. Good on the guys that figured out it wasn't for them and moved on.

A little advice to new hires...do everything you can to not commute. I suggest biting the bullet and just moving to a junior domicile. Your quality of life will improve more quickly and when upgrade comes around (I know, could be a while) chances are that domicile will also be junior for captains.
Quote: Wrong branch ace, but I wouldn't expect someone of your "caliber" to do any research before pecking away at his keyboard. I am curious though why a 15 year FA would burden themselves with typing so much garbage on the forums.

Im on reserve so I have an excuse.

2 from A to D please!
Whhooo,
Still, not impressed, you don't ask for people to be moved that's between the PIC and F/A. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the Chain of Command thing, being a mall security guard in the past. Thank you for keeping the mall safe from the legions of kids on skateboards. Do you still have your whistle?
You will do great. Lesson for other potential applicants; don't be intimidated, do invest in the sim prep.
Ha. I just spit coffee all over. But seriously, why do you wear the blazer with 2 stripes? Still doesn't make you a pilot.
Quote: Whhooo,
Still, not impressed, you don't ask for people to be moved that's between the PIC and F/A. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the Chain of Command thing, being a mall security guard in the past. Thank you for keeping the mall safe from the legions of kids on skateboards. Do you still have your whistle?
Watch out! If you have to remind everyone that you're in charge, you're either not really in charge or aren't very good at it.
Quote: Ha. I just spit coffee all over. But seriously, why do you wear the blazer with 2 stripes. Still doesn't make you a pilot.
Sorry son,
No blazer, leather jacket with 4 stripes, no hat, watch cap, CYEG gets cold in FEB. But when you finally get to fly the line you will understand that. For the mean time you can sit in that warm, cushy hotel room on TDY to where ever, and us line pilots will continue to the heavy lifting, moving people through out the system. You on the other hand, can/will sit in the hotel room marking days off of the calendar, getting soft, while charlie squats in the bush eating cold rice and fish heads getting stronger. Remember every day you mark off the calendar is one you will never get back. Every day since my "alive day" is important, but carry on.
Quote: Watch out! If you have to remind everyone that you're in charge, you're either not really in charge or aren't very good at it.
Remember, Packs then Probes, oh fearless ready reserve of the airport! If you need reminding you are either not smart or insubordinate, neither is is a good trait for "the help"
Quote: Sorry son,
No blazer, leather jacket with 4 stripes, no hat, watch cap, CYEG gets cold in FEB. But when you finally get to fly the line you will understand that. For the mean time you can sit in that warm, cushy hotel room on TDY to where ever, and us line pilots will continue to the heavy lifting, moving people through out the system. You on the other hand, can/will sit in the hotel room marking days off of the calendar, getting soft, while charlie squats in the bush eating cold rice and fish heads getting stronger. Remember every day you mark off the calendar is one you will never get back. Every day since my "alive day" is important, but carry on.
Leather jackets are for military pilot wannabes. Just like Corvettes are for...well you get the analogy. Also, no reserve for me. Nice try though. Your attempt at internet toughness is certainly comical.
Quote: Leather jackets are for military pilot wannabes. Just like Corvettes are for...well you get the analogy. Also, no reserve for me. Nice try though. Your attempt at internet toughness is certainly comical.
Dinner jackets are for.......dinner, never wanted to be a military pilot, anything but Infantry is just support services for the Infantry. You mistake caustic, cynical, diatribe for "internet toughness", that's ok, gots nothing to prove to anyone, but yanking on your chain is for purely entertainment purposes. So when did you get your first Corvette? I would have one of these though:
http://www.militaryfactory.com/ships...ependence-LCS2
What the hell is this?
237  637  687  727  733  734  735  736  737  738  739  740  741  747  787  837  1237 
Page 737 of 1519
Go to