Skywest

Subscribe
380  780  830  870  876  877  878  879  880  881  882  883  884  890  930  980  1380 
Page 880 of 1519
Go to
Quote:

Never once did I defend anyone, or justify anything. You need a freaking vacation...
Now who's missing the point?

Make the schedules more efficient. I enjoy working and when I go to work I expect to be paid for it. I would imagine that most pilots feel the same way. Our time is valuable. Do not waste it. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Since I've been hired my seniority has gone up about 400 numbers (I have not been here very long). That trend is expected to increase considerably over the next 2 years. The inefficient use of personnel will do nothing but degrade the financial performance of OO. This issue is not just about making people happy, it's about staying competitive in a volatile industry. This company has a reputation for taking care of its people and I believe that it is a good place to be; but its performance is in decline. I think that is due to a lack of effort.

Pilots are not the only employees who can become comfortable.
Quote: Yea dude, I got it..you are sounding like a broken record. Sorry you are so unhappy with your job and bitter about it. It is obvious you have not been around long with how you sound. Oh well, no skin off my teeth.
Not unhappy nor am I bitter. Irritated yes.

So now address the issue. Inefficiency. Why are the schedules so inefficient?
Quote: Why are you asking me? I don't make the schedules, or have anything remotely close to do with it.
Then why the hell are you engaging in the conversation? If this has nothing to do with you, why bother? Unless you're flamebaiting in which case I bit. My mistake.

ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA ANITA

HA!
Quote: Hey, you are the one who started rambling like a drunk after I made a simple comment about using peoples names on a forum.

But, you being a social retard , I will give you a pass for your clown like behavior.
Thanks for being so gracious MF.

Is he referring to my screen name or does he mean something else?
SAPA Website
So is the new SAPA site down already? Wow that site is bad, I don't think i can look at it without becoming queasy anyway..
Quote: So is the new SAPA site down already? Wow that site is bad, I don't think i can look at it without becoming queasy anyway..
It worked for me. Nothing of interest to report.
Quote: Yea dude, I got it..you are sounding like a broken record. Sorry you are so unhappy with your job and bitter about it. It is obvious you have not been around long with how you sound. Oh well, no skin off my teeth.

I've "been around" and Skypilot35 is absolutely right about the schedules! Getting tired of nothing but minimum guarantee trips or half your duty day credit and long unpaid sits everywhere.
Quote: The new website is horrendous (notice the old one got the AXE right when the talks of an independent forum were brought up, about a day before they said it was going to happen).
^this. AXE is horrendous. Couldn't agree more.
Quote: Someone should sound the alarm down in SGU... On-time performance was terrible in December, just beating out Envoy which took the worst spot. SkyWest came in 11 out of 12 with only 67.2% of flights operating on-time. ExpressJet came in ranked 6 out of 12 with 76.0% of flights operating on-time, edging out United mainline that came in at 72.4%.

ExpressJet outperforming the almighty SkyWest should be alarming to those down in the desert.

I guess all those pep-talks from MT about, "just keep performing, and our partners will reward us," isn't exactly working.
Still bitter, huh? Doesn't look like SGU is too worried:

Excluding special items, SkyWest's pre-tax income was $33.5 million for the December 2014 quarter, an increase of $18.4 million over the December 2013 quarter.

Anything else you would like to point out?
Quote: Still bitter, huh? Doesn't look like SGU is too worried:

Excluding special items, SkyWest's pre-tax income was $33.5 million for the December 2014 quarter, an increase of $18.4 million over the December 2013 quarter.

Anything else you would like to point out?
Special items were what, around $70 million? Granted, they're legitimate capex for the new aircraft, but still the GAAP earnings aren't terrific.

The company is slowly making progress increasing profitability, but it won't be a quick or easy process by any stretch.
380  780  830  870  876  877  878  879  880  881  882  883  884  890  930  980  1380 
Page 880 of 1519
Go to