Sun Country

Subscribe
16  66  106  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  126 
Page 116 of 155
Go to
Quote: Just curious, on reserve as a new hire, how likely is it you ever credit over 75 a month?
0.01%... they might fly you close in March but I’ve never heard anyone go over.
Quote: 0.01%... they might fly you close in March but I’ve never heard anyone go over.
Thanks. Average line credit?
Quote: Just curious, on reserve as a new hire, how likely is it you ever credit over 75 a month?
I broke guarantee in both March and August by 6 hours each.
Quote: TDY. They want to be versatile. If it doesn’t work they want quick outs.
Sounds expensive to me, but I guess AGM has the money. Hopefully they don’t open a new base, because I can’t imagine that being good for retention or recruitment. AGM is all about making a profit though, so i guess it depends on how much they’re involved.
Quote: Sounds expensive to me, but I guess AGM has the money. Hopefully they don’t open a new base, because I can’t imagine that being good for retention or recruitment. AGM is all about making a profit though, so i guess it depends on how much they’re involved.
Actually, I feel the opposite. I think a new base(s) would be beneficial for recruitment and possibly greatly benefit many current and new commuters. Also, it might open up advancement opportunities for many that might otherwise would have found themselves stagnating in MSP.
Granted each have their own personal situations but for the company as a whole, I think many would benefit.

Yes, retention might take a hit but frankly retention will consistently be a problem at SCA with or without new bases.

Additionally, another base might widen recruiting possibilities for candidates that may have found the MSP commute untenable.
Quote: Actually, I feel the opposite. I think a new base(s) would be beneficial for recruitment and possibly greatly benefit many current and new commuters. Also, it might open up advancement opportunities for many that might otherwise would have found themselves stagnating in MSP.
Granted each have their own personal situations but for the company as a whole, I think many would benefit.

Yes, retention might take a hit but frankly retention will consistently be a problem at SCA with or without new bases.

Additionally, another base might widen recruiting possibilities for candidates that may have found the MSP commute untenable.
I guess I was under the impression that most pilots didn't commute at SCA. New bases are costly, but so is 24/7 per-diem.
Quote: I guess I was under the impression that most pilots didn't commute at SCA. New bases are costly, but so is 24/7 per-diem.
Not sure but I think there are less than 20% that commute. I would imagine that more new hires are commuters as the pool of candidates in MSP is drying up. The money and career progression at other carriers is far to much to pass up as the qol that used to be at SCA has dwindled away with Apollo’s new plan.
It also seems that the washout/ failure rate can be as close as 1/4 of a class. It’s not worth the risk for such low pay and benefits. Better off at a regional or a better low cost carrier to get to the big leagues.
I sincerely apologize if you hear this often, but

I’m considering applying, wondering what life at suncountry is like. For one, I would be a Florida commuter looking for a commutable schedule. I’ve also heard that you’re “doubling” your fleet size and I was wondering what you all thought of this, and the timeline of the fleet expansion, and what you think this will do to movement/upgrade?

I’m at Compass, pretty miserable about our grim future, on top of the transcon commute since our MSP base closed. Trying to stick it out so I can upgrade here, but the writing is on the wall about our future...so I am wondering if I have a shot at SY.
Quote: I sincerely apologize if you hear this often, but

I’m considering applying, wondering what life at suncountry is like. For one, I would be a Florida commuter looking for a commutable schedule. I’ve also heard that you’re “doubling” your fleet size and I was wondering what you all thought of this, and the timeline of the fleet expansion, and what you think this will do to movement/upgrade?

I’m at Compass, pretty miserable about our grim future, on top of the transcon commute since our MSP base closed. Trying to stick it out so I can upgrade here, but the writing is on the wall about our future...so I am wondering if I have a shot at SY.
Not worth it. Go to a different regional.
Thanks for the input I suppose

But really, if there’s anyone that maybe could shoot me a PM and help me answer some questions I have, I would be endlessly greatful. I’ve got the app all filled out just not sure if I should submit it or not, have a lot of questions thanks guys!

Also if there’s another forum/fb group/recruiter email that you might know about, I’m all ears
16  66  106  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  126 
Page 116 of 155
Go to