SurfAir

Subscribe
5  45  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59 
Page 55 of 61
Go to
I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I can’t say anything about what they use in Texas as it’s a whole different operation at this point. I believe they used Monarch and one other operator in Texas. If those two operators fully qualified their people or not is not something I would know.

As for in California the operator for Surf Air is Encompass Aviation. They use an operator out of Vegas called Steeleman Aviation for all the Vegas flights because Encompass doesn’t have interstate authority yet.

I can say that all of the pilots for Encompass and Steeleman are fully qualified.

As for Encompass, they are working on a class of street captains. I don’t know when that class is but the sooner the better. As for FO’s I’m not entirely sure that we need any at the moment, but that could change tomorrow for all I know.

I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..
Quote: I have a phone interview with Elaine and a couple others on Thursday for a class I believe they're putting together at the end of the month. Was also told it was for possible contract work out of CRQ. So I'm a bit confused. Nothing new. Could you please outline the training schedule for a captains position? Duration, location, etc. Thank you in advance..
What did your interview with Elaine consist of?
Quote: What did your interview with Elaine consist of?
It was moved to 10/17
I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Quote: I’d tell you if I knew. I was hired when Surf still had their own certificate. I’ll ask around.

If I had to guess it’d be a series of TMAAT questions, or if you haven’t had a certain experience what would you do if you ended up in a certain scenario type of questions. Along with the standard HR questions such as: Why leave your current job? Why do you want to work here? What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

Also, don’t bull**** her, she will see right through it. Just be honest.

Already spoke to her and Dan several times. Thanks..
Quote: What did your interview with Elaine consist of?
It was just a 30 minute "tell me about yourself" along with the latest that's happening at Encompass. Nice folks.
Boutique, Surf Air, or PlaneSense?

Sound off.
Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?
Quote: Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?
Interviewed last we for a direct captain position. Was told that they're planning on another class after Thanksgiving. Haven't heard whether they want me or not. Doesn't answer your question I know. It's all I got.. Best.
5  45  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59 
Page 55 of 61
Go to