SurfAir

Subscribe
6  46  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60 
Page 56 of 61
Go to
Quote: Thread bump... Does anyone have any updated info on Surf Air / Encompass Aviation? I heard some gouge that they hired a few low time FOs and were looking for guys with less time as there won't be so much turnover.

Anyone have an update?

Encompass hired about 15 new hire FOs in the last few months. The issue they’re having is the high turnover rate with captains, not FOs. From what I’ve heard from other pilots they’re planning on having a captain class very soon. They most likely won’t be hiring any FOs for months to come. Good luck!
Quote: Encompass hired about 15 new hire FOs in the last few months. The issue they’re having is the high turnover rate with captains, not FOs. From what I’ve heard from other pilots they’re planning on having a captain class very soon. They most likely won’t be hiring any FOs for months to come. Good luck!
Any of that Captain turnover happening at MYF?
Yeah we are flush with FO’s right now. If you say that there should be 4 captains per plane then NorCal, SBA each have 1 CA slot open. MYF is currently flying 2 planes with 3 captains, but they are only supposed to have 1 plane there. SoCal on the other hand is decimated at the moment and has 9 CA slots open. Even if you were to say staffing should only be 3 captains per plane (AM slot, PM slot, & off/reserve per day) then SoCal still has 6 open CA slots at the moment. This all could change tomorrow of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turned down a direct entry captain position today. Couldn't come to any practical terms so they are still looking so get those resumes' in. Class I'm told is starting 12/6. Good luck!
What are the current captain minimums?
Quote: Turned down a direct entry captain position today. Couldn't come to any practical terms so they are still looking so get those resumes' in. Class I'm told is starting 12/6. Good luck!

What terms were you looking for?

Quote: What are the current captain minimums?
That is the problem. They are currently artificially high at 1500 hours, when they could really drop them to 1200 hours.
Quote: That is the problem. They are currently artificially high at 1500 hours, when they could really drop them to 1200 hours.

They could if insurance didn’t require an unrestricted ATP

Quote: What terms were you looking for?

Won't get into details here but what was originally stated as the terms for employment, changed by the time I was to accept the class.
Quote: They could if insurance didn’t require an unrestricted ATP

I'll rephrase that for you:

They could if they would pay more for insurance that allows 135 IFR mins as PIC...
6  46  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60 
Page 56 of 61
Go to