Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 03:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Jesus people. Can’t we all just take up fly fishing or something and chill?!
I hear Nimmo Bay is a very nice spot in the summer.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by ToastAir View Post
Where is “ground point nine” in the pilot -controller glossary. The AA guy was a tool but so was the controller.

Didn’t see it there, however the AIM paragraph 4-3-14d and 7110.65 (ATC order) paragraph 3-10-9 example shows it.

I’ve seen various phaseology issues (as a controller) over the years become major emphasis items that could be cause for displinary items. I’ve seen others that are really important that may not seem obvious to a pilot (I’ve flown part 121 as well). Finally there are guys who got burned by a particular readback/hearback error who are very particular with what they need to hear.

Bottom line almost everyone is just trying to do the job as best they can, we all occasionally take short cuts. If a pilot or controller asks for something, there is usually a good reason.
Well said...
Old 01-21-2019, 05:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Jesus people. Can’t we all just take up fly fishing or something and chill?!
You have obviously never been fly fishing with my father. The intensity is higher then a run over Hanoi.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/m...9-baffled.html

Found the TOTD.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:42 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: doggy style

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Tool of the month, at the very least....
Old 01-26-2019, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: A320HD

Originally Posted by DENpilot View Post
Tool of the month, at the very least....
I think it’s a stretch. Not saying it’s the right thing to do but he appeared to just be venting his frustration. There are many out there in similar situations. Sat at the regionals to get PIC time during the lost decade-now getting bypassed for shots at majors while watching their FOs get hired.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by lowandslow View Post
I think it’s a stretch. Not saying it’s the right thing to do but he appeared to just be venting his frustration. There are many out there in similar situations. Sat at the regionals to get PIC time during the lost decade-now getting bypassed for shots at majors while watching their FOs get hired.
i really don’t think that was the problem. Were he failed was sideways bashing mil pilots. That goes over around here about as good as a fart in church.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Today's nominee: the crew at a major hub during the morning arrival push (translation: plenty of jets sitting in the penalty box waiting for a gate to open), who literally cut in front of us as we were approaching our gate and stole it. Just pulled in front of us and darted into the gate. We'd already been waiting for that gate for half an hour.

The crew didn't call the ramp tower for clearance, as specifically required for that gate, and entered the ramp without talking to anyone... They ignored multiple transmissions from the ramp controller ('Stop, stop, stop!! That's not your gate!!')

Result: a tremendous cluster on the taxiway. We had to taxi back out of the ramp and back to the ol' penalty box for another 30-minute wait. The hour delay caused at least a few misconnects among our pax, all because one crew couldn't be bothered to read their 10-7 or double check their gate.

Thanks gents... 🙄
Old 01-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Today's nominee: the crew at a major hub during the morning arrival push (translation: plenty of jets sitting in the penalty box waiting for a gate to open), who literally cut in front of us as we were approaching our gate and stole it. Just pulled in front of us and darted into the gate. We'd already been waiting for that gate for half an hour.

The crew didn't call the ramp tower for clearance, as specifically required for that gate, and entered the ramp without talking to anyone... They ignored multiple transmissions from the ramp controller ('Stop, stop, stop!! That's not your gate!!')

Result: a tremendous cluster on the taxiway. We had to taxi back out of the ramp and back to the ol' penalty box for another 30-minute wait. The hour delay caused at least a few misconnects among our pax, all because one crew couldn't be bothered to read their 10-7 or double check their gate.

Thanks gents... 🙄
Rest assured, he probably had a friendly chat with his CP and or Duty Officer.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM
You scratched my anchor

Joined APC: Feb 2011

This guy......
Attached Images