Tool of the day

Subscribe
127  177  217  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  237  277  327  727  1227 
Page 227 of 1239
Go to
Quote: I nominate you. I think in JFK we have fairly good agents. If your a pilot, you should know the door closes 10 minutes prior. Almost every flight someone comes running up after the flight is closed out, they cant reopen all these flights for all the state reasons. Its not just reopening it in sabre, which isnt easy, but they reopen the cabin door which causes OOOI problems since now the flight returned to gate, and the bag door has to open for the roll aboard. A new close out also has to be done. If you show up 7 min before the flight leaves, and they reopen it, I bet it is now late. I am speaking only as me and not at all addressing the opinion of AMR.
But he's a full fare customer and travelled halfway around the world for a wedding the same day. Apparently you have no idea who he is.
Sorry, I'm with JNS on this one. More than once I've been late for a connection on a FF ticket, hustled to the gate only to find out the flight is closed, and then watched it sit there for another 15 minutes while they load bags! Unotinental has done that to me at least twice.

Too many agents are only interested in filling squares, not doing what is right for customer service. I can't completely blame them, that comes from above. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Quote:
Sorry, I'm with JNS on this one. More than once I've been late for a connection on a FF ticket, hustled to the gate only to find out the flight is closed, and then watched it sit there for another 15 minutes while they load bags! Unotinental has done that to me at least twice.

Too many agents are only interested in filling squares, not doing what is right for customer service. I can't completely blame them, that comes from above. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.
I prefer Uni-Cont. It's more concise
Quote: Sorry, I'm with JNS on this one. More than once I've been late for a connection on a FF ticket, hustled to the gate only to find out the flight is closed, and then watched it sit there for another 15 minutes while they load bags! Unotinental has done that to me at least twice.

I definitely agree with JNS as well. This is why I'm all about WN. They may heard us like cattle from time to time but I've seen them go above and beyond many times to help a customer, including myself, whenever possible. That being said I have little sympathy for those who just show up late and expect to argue their way onto a closed flight. I've seen a fair share of people try and do this on almost every airline and they definitely earn their fair share of TOTD badges.
Quote: Sorry, I'm with JNS on this one. More than once I've been late for a connection on a FF ticket, hustled to the gate only to find out the flight is closed, and then watched it sit there for another 15 minutes while they load bags! Unotinental has done that to me at least twice.

We ARE in the passenger transportation business.
As Captain Eddie put it, "put a**es on seats". Airlines and agents have forgotten that.

GF
TOTD:

That guy who won't shut up and tries to get everyone to make noise when the offense is on the field.

Or the guy who yells "SHOOT!!!!" every time your team touches the puck.

GMAFB!!!
Quote: Ha, this guy........
ATC Argument - YouTube
Funny thing is the pilot states he has his grandkids on board which is why he has flight following then gets in a p***ing match with the controller over transiting through a warned area. If you requested flight following for safety cuz your grandkids are on board then want to take chances anyway then cancel the flight follow and press on and take your chances. Some people just amaze me.
Quote: Funny thing is the pilot states he has his grandkids on board which is why he has flight following then gets in a p***ing match with the controller over transiting through a warned area. If you requested flight following for safety cuz your grandkids are on board then want to take chances anyway then cancel the flight follow and press on and take your chances. Some people just amaze me.
Typical weekend warrior. Lots of them in FL, with too much money, too much airplane, and not enough pilot.
Salukipilot4590, Ha Ha LOL!!!!
127  177  217  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231  237  277  327  727  1227 
Page 227 of 1239
Go to