Tool of the day

Subscribe
221  271  311  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  331  371  421  821 
Page 321 of 1239
Go to
Quote: I think he means on the opposite side of the runway not at the other end. The ones who turn on the taxi light when pointed right at you are TOOLS. I simply turn on a opposite turn off light and when turned away from the other guy I bring on the other lights.
Correct! I should have stated directly across from our aircraft.
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/yo...ml#post1296393

^this guy. Maybe troll of the day tho.
Roman Abramovich
Quote: You are waiting to take off at a runway with an aircraft opposite to you. The other aircraft is cleared to line up and wait. A he does, he turns on all his landing lights with lumen values so bright that the retina in your eyes are burned out leaving one blind.
Why do you guys look at the lights? You know it's going to happen some of the times, so look away. The parking brake is on, your plane isn't going anywhere.

It cracks me up when I'm not looking and the Captain is just staring at the plane. Then, "AAAHHHH!!! The light! What a retard!!"

Yeah buddy, HE is the retard. The next big accident will probably be a runway incursion. I say burn the hell out of their eyes and save some lives.
Quote: Why do you guys look at the lights? You know it's going to happen some of the times, so look away. The parking brake is on, your plane isn't going anywhere.

It cracks me up when I'm not looking and the Captain is just staring at the plane. Then, "AAAHHHH!!! The light! What a retard!!"

Yeah buddy, HE is the retard. The next big accident will probably be a runway incursion. I say burn the hell out of their eyes and save some lives.

Can you spell TCAS and strobe lights? Granted TCAS is inTA mode on the ground. It prevents inadvertent line up with traffic on final during LVPs.
Quote: Can you spell TCAS and strobe lights? Granted TCAS is inTA mode on the ground. It prevents inadvertent line up with traffic on final during LVPs.
And the seats in the cockpit are supposed to be comfortable.
Quote: Why do you guys look at the lights? You know it's going to happen some of the times, so look away. The parking brake is on, your plane isn't going anywhere.

KillingMe, as a night freight guy, I must be a tool and a retard TOO!
I get it most of the time from "day" pilots who happen to be operating after the sun has dropped. Position lights, turn-off and logo lights are cool but please hold on the strobes and the landing lights until you get your takeoff clearance.
Cheers and thank you, from the bottom of my retinas!
fbh
Quote: KillingMe, as a night freight guy, I must be a retard too!
I get it most of the time from "day" pilots who happen to be operating after the sun has dropped. Turn off/logo lights are cool but please hold on the strobes and the landing lights until you get your takeoff clearance.
Cheers and thank you, from the bottom of my retinas!
fbh
Suck it up- strobes and turnoff lights should be on whenever you're on a runway!
Quote: Suck it up- strobes and turnoff lights should be on whenever you're on a runway!
Spoken like a true "day" pilot ;-)
cheers,
Quote: Spoken like a true "day" pilot ;-)
cheers,
I don't think you realize how much vampire flying we do at DL.

Hey, buzz- care to educate this poor soul??
221  271  311  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  324  325  331  371  421  821 
Page 321 of 1239
Go to