Tool of the day

Subscribe
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47  87  137  537  1037 
Page 37 of 1239
Go to
Quote: tis true.

a laid back captain wouldn't have been there yet.

a really laid back captain starts the brief with "okay, what is it they want me to say?"

and a really laid back Captain briefs an approach with 600 RVR as "visual. backed up by the CAT III. Any questions?"
Departure briefing: "... any questions?"
Quote: Always easy to pi$$ on another guys mistakes Mr Monday morning QB... You sir are said tool.....
Would I be a tool for mentioning that those boys put a few women in the water?
Quote: and a really laid back Captain briefs an approach with 600 RVR as "visual. backed up by the CAT III. Any questions?"
I am SO stealing that!
Quote: O and lastly I was in 1st class commuting home for Thanksgiving and the guy next to me looks at me and tells me the help doesnt deserve to sit up front and I should be in back.
Quote: Had a passenger that wouldn't talk to or even look at the flight attendant. When the FA asked her husband what was wrong he said "She doesn't talk to the help".
No joke, one day coming out of HPN- when the F/A asked a woman what she wanted to drink, the wife told her husband, "Tell her I don't talk to the help."

Also out of HPN, I climbed out into the cabin as pax were deplaning and a business man in a suit opened his briefcase and emptied all its contents (mostly trash) in the aisle, closed up the briefcase, and walked off the airplane. Incredible. Super Tool.

Actually, there are a lot of Tools coming out of HPN. I have more issues with pax there than anywhere else.

There can't be a correlation, can there?
Quote: The new guys who wear their strips backwards (the wider part toward the neck and the narrower part toward the shoulders)
Not tool-- dripping wet behind the ears. Unless he says-- "they are more aerodynamic this way" and doesn't change them out.
Quote: Not tool-- dripping wet behind the ears. Unless he says-- "they are more aerodynamic this way" and doesn't change them out.
I wore mine like that the first month... It looked more right if it tapered out (never had looked at them that close). And besides, everyone needed a gentle reminder everytime they saw me that I'm better than them!
Quote: No doubt! And license plates like "IMAPILOT" or "FLYDUDE." Please.....
There are a substantial number of AV8SWA and 737SWA and SWANO1 and other variants in the crew lot of my airport. Really?

But let's not forget the Jetblue guy last week somewhere on NYC departure who signed out with "BLUE!" in the gutteral "CYA!" style. "Jetblue XXX to 123.45... BLUE!"
Quote: Always easy to pi$$ on another guys mistakes Mr Monday morning QB... You sir are said tool.....
No sir, I am no such thing: the gentleman failed to heed the advice of his instructor, and failed to account for his limitations. Flying has little tolerance for poor judgment.

But I wasn't relating the story to label the person in question a tool (he was actually more of a fool), but simply as a matter of geographical proximity to the other post.

Monday morning quartebacking would suggest picking apart a response to a complicated situation, by a more qualified individual. Mine was merely a sad observation about the unfortunate outcome of an unqualified individual making a simple decision, and chosing poorly.
- Anybody that says "SEE YA", in the fast deep voice, when switching frequencies
- The guy that knows everything, until you tell him facts
- Anybody that comes on here to complain that we are talking about this, (you are the guy we are all talking about) they need to realize this is a place for us to vent
Quote: There are a substantial number of AV8SWA and 737SWA and SWANO1 and other variants in the crew lot of my airport. Really?

But let's not forget the Jetblue guy last week somewhere on NYC departure who signed out with "BLUE!" in the gutteral "CYA!" style. "Jetblue XXX to 123.45... BLUE!"
Comair had a guy with the plates that read "RJ pilot"
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47  87  137  537  1037 
Page 37 of 1239
Go to