Tool of the day

Subscribe
314  364  404  410  411  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  424  464  514  914 
Page 414 of 1239
Go to
Quote: Ummmm in foreign ops? Noooooo perhaps, your airline it may be SOP to specify IFR vs IFR in the request, unless you get your's through ACARS.
Airlines typically don't ask for VFR, however in the states it is quite common for someone to specify IFR or VFR in your request on CD- particularly with someone who has a lot of time as a CFI alternating between IFR and VFR. Surely you haven't been overseas sipping cognac for that long?

My technique is to not state IFR as it is quite obvious, but I hardly classify it as toolish.

PDC capable stations, we use ACARS... most international places I go to do not support PDC.
Quote: Airlines typically don't ask for VFR, however in the states it is quite common for someone to specify IFR or VFR in your request on CD- particularly with someone who has a lot of time as a CFI alternating between IFR and VFR.

My technique is to not state IFR as it is quite obvious, but I hardly classify it as toolish.
Easy does it little buckaroo. This is supposed to be a humorous thread.

Quote:
Surely you haven't been overseas sipping cognac for that long?
20+ years worth. Some of the finest too may I say.
And all of it included in the airfare, too.

GF
" Instruments to BFE - Negative PDC" ughhhhh
Quote: " Instruments to BFE - Negative PDC" ughhhhh
Airplane! - That's impossible they're on instruments! - YouTube
FA's who have Highway to the Dangerzone as their ringtone
Anybody with a "Highway to the Dangerzone" ringtone.
Quote: Anybody with a "Highway to the Dangerzone" ringtone.
Might be a good one for when the neighbors hot wife calls.
This epic thread must... not... die.

My TOTD goes to the FA who thought she'd sneak into the cockpit's crew bunk area and steal a couple of the plastic-wrapped blanket/pillow combos. When busted in the act - "You guys always have extras, and they never have enough for us."
Anybody else find it borderline toolish when the captain's boarding PA contains a longer than needed dissertation covering the flight crews' background, experiences, and total flight time?
314  364  404  410  411  412  413  414  415  416  417  418  424  464  514  914 
Page 414 of 1239
Go to