Tool of the day

Subscribe
290  690  740  780  786  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  800  840  890 
Page 790 of 1239
Go to
Quote: It's required. It can be as simple as "I think that flight went great", or could be a lot more in depth.
In 16 years at Delta, this is the first time I've ever heard it's required. Not saying it isn't, but you got some source material to back that assertion up?
Quote: Airline pilots do not debrief every flight. If I flew with a captain who debriefed every flight over a four day I'd blow my brains out.
We do. If you interview here please feel free to let them know your opinion on the subject.
Quote: In 16 years at Delta, this is the first time I've ever heard it's required. Not saying it isn't, but you got some source material to back that assertion up?
UAL. Just changed to a requirement
Quote: It's required. It can be as simple as "I think that flight went great", or could be a lot more in depth.
Gee... Let me check my FOMs, COMs, CAMs collection going back some 37 years... Hmmm... U.S.? Nope... Asia? Nope... Euroland? Nope... Central and South America? Nope. "Required" not in any of them FTF.

In any of your's FTF? If so, can you cite your airline, company's chapter, section, and page?
Quote: UAL. Just changed to a requirement
Well, that makes sense.
Quote: We do. If you interview here please feel free to let them know your opinion on the subject.
Hahahaha... No. I think YOU do.

After ten years of jumpseating on every mainline and major carrier in the US, including at least 25 trips on United, never, NEVER, have I heard so seen anyone even begin to debrief. The only time I've seen a debrief is a line check, or after one of my routinely bad landings.

Seriously, "we do"??
United folk out there, do you debrief after every flight like FTF suggests?
FTF, if you do, I promise you everyone knows your name in the crewroom, and it's not because how hotsh!t your landings are...
Point of order - FTF said he's at UAL.
Quote: Point of order - FTF said he's at UAL.
Edited as such. Thank you.
Quote: I had that happen once. Relatively decent landing, taxi in the entire way is all critique. But karma strikes as the next leg was his and he slammed it on in relatively good conditions. It happens, I get it, but given the circumstances it was funny. Dead quiet taxi in, and not a single comment on landing after that for the rest of the trip.
I don't even care if its a LCA, Mr. TOTD Jumpseater needs to zip it and keep his comments to himself until after the shutdown checklist. Do not be harassing me or my copilot and interfering with the working crew during a critical phase of flight, which includes taxi in.
Quote: Gee... Let me check my FOMs, COMs, CAMs collection going back some 37 years... Hmmm... U.S.? Nope... Asia? Nope... Euroland? Nope... Central and South America? Nope. "Required" not in any of them FTF.

In any of your's FTF? If so, can you cite your airline, company's chapter, section, and page?
Where do you work?
290  690  740  780  786  787  788  789  790  791  792  793  794  800  840  890 
Page 790 of 1239
Go to