What's the Latest at ASA/Expressjet?

Subscribe
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444  844 
Page 344 of 1068
Go to
When the new rest rules take effect, 16 hour 4 days will be the norm. Many have warned about the law of unintended consequences, now we will see! The buffer they need to build into the schedules since you are no longer legal to start, legal to finish will leave us well rested......in hotels on the road away from our families for much less pay....same days away. Perfect! We had best all come together and demand another pay system than this antiquated block hour system. Lets go to a straight salary with OT or increase min day or min guarantee. I'm not doing this job for 16-18 days a month for 75 hours. Now THAT will bring on a pilot shortage!
I would love to see something along the lines of 5hr min pay per duty day like CAL has in the JCBA.
Quote: When the new rest rules take effect, 16 hour 4 days will be the norm. Many have warned about the law of unintended consequences, now we will see! The buffer they need to build into the schedules since you are no longer legal to start, legal to finish will leave us well rested......in hotels on the road away from our families for much less pay....same days away. Perfect! We had best all come together and demand another pay system than this antiquated block hour system. Lets go to a straight salary with OT or increase min day or min guarantee. I'm not doing this job for 16-18 days a month for 75 hours. Now THAT will bring on a pilot shortage!
We cannot keep this old block hour pay system! I couldn't agree more!
Quote: When the new rest rules take effect, 16 hour 4 days will be the norm. Many have warned about the law of unintended consequences, now we will see! The buffer they need to build into the schedules since you are no longer legal to start, legal to finish will leave us well rested......in hotels on the road away from our families for much less pay....same days away. Perfect! We had best all come together and demand another pay system than this antiquated block hour system. Lets go to a straight salary with OT or increase min day or min guarantee. I'm not doing this job for 16-18 days a month for 75 hours. Now THAT will bring on a pilot shortage!
It can be done if hey choose too. I'm on a 20hr 3 day that would be legal under the new rules other than a 2.5 hr sit before my last leg that makes it 1 hr over the new legal limits. If we just turned in 30 min like normal it would fit the new rules.
Quote: I would love to see something along the lines of 5hr min pay per duty day like CAL has in the JCBA.
and I would like to see an upgrade after 6.5 years in the right seat. We can wish until we're blue in the face...
Attrition numbers are crazy. ERJ CAs are leaving in droves and attrition is double the ERJ FOs. CRJ side has had more FOs leave than CAs! I guess ASA is flooded with Captains that are lifers, or waiting for DAL
5hr Minimum Duty Day Period.
period
Quote: It can be done if hey choose too. I'm on a 20hr 3 day that would be legal under the new rules other than a 2.5 hr sit before my last leg that makes it 1 hr over the new legal limits. If we just turned in 30 min like normal it would fit the new rules.
But it won't be. It's not the fact of them doing it if they want or put in some effort. They cannot and will not make those schedules (as the norm) because of no more legal to start-legal to finish. Trips wil be more like 3-2-2-3, and on the 200, 10 legs gets you about 12-14 hours of block.
Quote: 5hr Minimum Duty Day Period.
period
Then go to a mainline...
Quote: Then go to a mainline...
you must be a lifer...
244  294  334  340  341  342  343  344  345  346  347  348  354  394  444  844 
Page 344 of 1068
Go to