Notices
Air Wisconsin Regional Airline

Air Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ200 Right

was talking to a check airmen yesterday in DC. He said he was up at ATW doing interviews last week and when he went to sign into the office the people who signed in before him were listed under the name "Mitsubishi Aircraft Company" not that this really means anything cause im sure Mitsubishi is running around to every regional in the business to support there product but they were there! Also management just hired 4 new permanent sim instructors who will be considered management. they will be based in CLT. all 4 guys are ex comair. getting some people with experience for possible 900 training??? :P. i seen one of them in DC in the crew room with a check airmen to do IOE. even though they are permanent sim instructors they still have to complete IOE as part of there training. also 10 new check airmen just hired.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by Cessnan1315efw View Post
was talking to a check airmen yesterday in DC. He said he was up at ATW doing interviews last week and when he went to sign into the office the people who signed in before him were listed under the name "Mitsubishi Aircraft Company" not that this really means anything cause im sure Mitsubishi is running around to every regional in the business to support there product but they were there! Also management just hired 4 new permanent sim instructors who will be considered management. they will be based in CLT. all 4 guys are ex comair. getting some people with experience for possible 900 training??? :P. i seen one of them in DC in the crew room with a check airmen to do IOE. even though they are permanent sim instructors they still have to complete IOE as part of there training. also 10 new check airmen just hired.
Mitsubishi has been pushing hard with many carriers. It's an airplane that hasn't yet even completed it's first test flight and is a long, long way from an EIS date. I wouldn't read much at all into a visit to ATW by a Mitsubishi sales rep.

As to the check airman situation. No news. Practically everyone who gets hired out of AWAC has been a check airman. And the sim people? That I don't know much about but it's more likely a cost saving measure than anything else. AWAC sim instructors live a pretty cush situation with pretty good pay and I think the company is trying to get around some of the contractual language there. At least they're hiring experienced pilots to do it rather than some CFI who once rode in a CRJ and now knows more than a 10,000 hour CRJ pilot. Comair pilots are probably the most experienced CRJ pilots in the world as they operated it the longest of anyone.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Freight Dog Days

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: CRJ-200

Anyone here this rumor that AWAC sent 10 mx to Russia to look at the 10
crj-900?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Sleeping

Originally Posted by herby130 View Post
crj-900?
No..............
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ200 Right

Christ if we do get 900s I would seriously hope they don't come from Russia lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

I heard we are getting a Moscow base
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Seat 0B

Originally Posted by jackal24 View Post
I heard we are getting a Moscow base
Just lol'd at a gate in lga and got several odd looks. Could awac be aeroflots new regional partner?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 777

So many rumors so little time... Hey guys, can anyone tell me when winter is over? Had to deice in LYH the other day with -FZRA and the guys were like "what?? We have a deice truck?"
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
So many rumors so little time... Hey guys, can anyone tell me when winter is over? Had to deice in LYH the other day with -FZRA and the guys were like "what?? We have a deice truck?"
I had to get de-iced there a couple years ago. The truck 'broke' and we ended up canceling after like 2 hours of that episode of the Three Stooges. They then tried to get some FBO's little de-icing cart over. Then they found out that the truck wasn't 'broke'. They were out of fluid. Genius.

By the time we ferried out we didn't need to de-ice anymore because it was like 42º and sunny.

Seems like everything affiliated with the mothership just p****s excellence.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by herby130 View Post
crj-900?
Herby....why do you have such a hard on for crj900s at AWAC? You post some off the wall stuff. This is like a couple years ago... The crj1000 was in atw. A line check airman saw it after all, so they're probably just about to iron out the deals on that contract and they will be on property soon. Settle down grasshopper. Post your "rumors" on company q&a and see what you get for a response.

Also the jan 4 meeting you refer to happens every year. They'll probably try to decide how to get the acars to not pay us until weight off wheels this year.