Air Wisconsin

Subscribe
10  50  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  70  110  160  560 
Page 60 of 676
Go to
I got an offer for the 4th.... But it took them 4.5 months to let me know I passed the interview.
Wow... What was the delay?
no idea, but I interviewed with 1200 hours and last month i re-updated the app saying I have 1400TT, personally I was surprised that they even offered an interview at the time when I first applied. I did spend 4 months thinking I really messed up the interview though so the email I got was a relief.
During training in Appleton is it best to have a car? Can you jumpseat home on the weekends?
Quote: During training in Appleton is it best to have a car? Can you jumpseat home on the weekends?
You won't need a car during training. The hotel shuttle will take you back and forth from the hotel to the training center, and I believe there's a supermarket nearby. One guy in my class had a car, which was nice at times but definitely not necessary.

I would highly recommend staying in Appleton to study rather than jumpseat home. We have had some training issues with the new-hires this year. The number I have heard is about a 40% washout rate. AWAC's training is fair, but very tough. If you have some RJ experience or this isn't your first airline, then disregard what I just said and feel free to commute home.
Commuting home may be an issue. My class didn't receive our ID's until our last day in Appleton
Unless you live within 3-5 hours of Appleton its is highly recommended that you NOT commute home during your training.

Trainees are in ATW to study and learn procedures and systems. Your time spent studying is directly proportional to your success. There is plenty time given on the weekends for breaks from "the books" but you will waste precious time and sleep going to/from ATW.

Having your family visit is another option as it still boosts the spirits but is less likely to compromise your ability to study.

Air Wisconsin's curriculum is not any more difficult than other operators but having come from the Part 135 world, there is always something new to learn and prior experience doesn't always mean you won't have to sweat as hard.

Final takeaway: Stay in Appleton, less distractions, less stress than a commute home and more time to study.

AWAC has found the right hotel, its downtown near lots of food and entertainment options. Make sure you shop at Woodman's (debit card only) when stocking up on food (hotel will make a run).

Good luck with training.
To the current AWAC pilots out there;

How does everyone like the company overall? It seems to be a one of the better regionals when it come to quality of life and the pay is not too bad. Would you suggest coming to AWAC over other regionals?

Thanks!
I enjoy life here at AWAC. The elephant in the room is our contract beyond 2015. Personally I felt comfortable enough to work here. If we got an extension I believe AWAC would be a no brainer for anyone.
Quote: To the current AWAC pilots out there;

How does everyone like the company overall? It seems to be a one of the better regionals when it come to quality of life and the pay is not too bad. Would you suggest coming to AWAC over other regionals?

Thanks!
Only if you lived in base or needed some currency to go to a major. Otherwise look at Compass or another place that's growing. Pay is indeed good, but if AWAC closes right after your probation year, then what's the point?
10  50  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  70  110  160  560 
Page 60 of 676
Go to