Spirit QOL?

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to
cool. Thanks!
Hope this isn't a dumb question, but is there a way to update my app? I have already applied but would like to upload a new resume.
unless they have changed something in the last few months no there is not a way to update it. I was told they were trying to change it.
Quote: Hey current Spirit folks. In starting class soon and was wondering about the crowne plaza that we will be in for training. For planning purposes, do they have free breakfast? Also if I don't have a car there, are there any grocery stores nearby? Any info on my new home for the next 2 months would be appreciated.
If you are within a day or two's drive it would be well worth it to have a car. The restaurant options near the Crowne are very limited, although the pizza place around the corner is excellent. Also, the shuttle was very unreliable for my class - 30 min to 1 hour wait for a pick-up was normal.
Lets get this thread going again. Is QOL still good at Spirit?
Quote: Lets get this thread going again. Is QOL still good at Spirit?
yes...filler filler filler
Define QOL and we'll try to answer your questions.

The job is great, new Airbus airplanes, crews are fantastic, I've yet to fly with anyone I didn't really like or get along with, schedules are varied, hotels are nice. We have growing pains.

Work rules are great, 4 days off minimum between pairings, transition and holiday conflicts are real nice. I live in base, things are much, much better when you don't have to commute. Pay could be higher and I'd expect it to get better with the new contract. This place is growing so fast, every base is attainable quite quickly, getting a line takes a couple of months at most.

The one thing we don't have is a cool name on the side of our plane and nice swag. If you can get over not getting embroidered luggage or umbrellas with the name of a legacy printed on them, Spirit is a great place to be.
Quote: Define QOL and we'll try to answer your questions.

The job is great, new Airbus airplanes, crews are fantastic, I've yet to fly with anyone I didn't really like or get along with, schedules are varied, hotels are nice. We have growing pains.

Work rules are great, 4 days off minimum between pairings, transition and holiday conflicts are real nice. I live in base, things are much, much better when you don't have to commute. Pay could be higher and I'd expect it to get better with the new contract. This place is growing so fast, every base is attainable quite quickly, getting a line takes a couple of months at most.

The one thing we don't have is a cool name on the side of our plane and nice swag. If you can get over not getting embroidered luggage or umbrellas with the name of a legacy printed on them, Spirit is a great place to be.
That defines QOL to me. I don't need the nice uniforms to be happy. Thanks for the update.
I'm looking for a professional flight deck and enough time to be with the fam. But not too much time .
Anyone getting hired with no 121 time ? I've got gobs of 135 jet/ turbine PIC, but no 121.
Thanks again for your time.
Quote: That defines QOL to me. I don't need the nice uniforms to be happy. Thanks for the update.
I'm looking for a professional flight deck and enough time to be with the fam. But not too much time .
Anyone getting hired with no 121 time ? I've got gobs of 135 jet/ turbine PIC, but no 121.
Thanks again for your time.

Yes, we're still hiring folks with no 121. The biggest killer is having skeletons in your past, and/or recent or multiple type/pc training kind of failures. If you're clean in those areas, start hitting the job fairs or have your internal recs start making some noise.

Good luck.
That depends on your definition of QOL.

Industry leading scheduling flexibility: Check
Industry worst Airbus pay: Check
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 16
Go to