Future Vacancy Bids

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 22
Go to
Quote: Sim time is not the issue, S-UAL can use the S-CAL sims and/or rent sims anywhere.

Prior to combined operations the training and checking of S-UAL pilots must be conducted by active S-UAL seniority list pilots as the old UAL contract remains in force during the interim. Unless some form of relief is granted, UCH will need to spool up to train and staff an entire duplicate S-UAL 737 training department even if they can use a xerox copy of the S-CAL 737 FAA-approved curriculum.
We are already overflowing to MIA for 737 sims. My MVLOE is there in Feb.

Admiral
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: I would imagine that in a fair integration, what you could hold before the integration, you should be able to hold after!

Otherwise, the inverse is true, if you can't hold the plane before the integration, why should you be able to hold it after?
An LCAL 2005 hire CA totally agrees.
An LUAL 1998 hire FO totally disagrees.
If you are at the bottom of the UAL seniority list, how is it that you expect to not be at a similar relative position, ie towards the bottom, of the new isl.
I'm an LCAL pilot and I'm on the side of the "2005 CA who totally agrees." How does someone expect to be anywhere else on the seniority list than about where they are now. But "our planes our bigger than your planes" and "the SLI snapshot should be taken pre furlough" are their two big arguments for getting a windfall from this.
What about career expectations?
Quote: What about career expectations?
And 88 L-UAL recall notices went out today. Now the fun begins.

Admiral
I'll bet Pierce fought that tooth and nail.
Quote: I'll bet Pierce fought that tooth and nail.
I heard he was real "emotional" about it as well.
Quote: What about career expectations?
The career expectations (career earnings) of a currently unemployed pilot who will return as a junior FO for awhile and eventually become a wide body captain for one year starting at 64 vs a pilot who is currently a narrow body captain at 35 and will remain so (or better) for 30 years may not be so different.
Quote: The career expectations (career earnings) of a currently unemployed pilot who will return as a junior FO for awhile and eventually become a wide body captain for one year starting at 64 vs a pilot who is currently a narrow body captain at 35 and will remain so (or better) for 30 years may not be so different.

As long as it is all factored in to the SLI I am OK with it, are you?
Quote: As long as it is all factored in to the SLI I am OK with it, are you?
When it's done I will be happy it's over. Right now it's like a sporting event or political contest--exciting to watch and don't know the outcome, except there's a lot more at stake.
Quote: And 88 L-UAL recall notices went out today. Now the fun begins.

Admiral
How many will come back?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 22
Go to