Republic Questions

Subscribe
69  119  159  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  172  173  179 
Page 169 of 203
Go to
Quote: Who's to say that it's gonna be a traditional codeshare agreement? Also, exactly how many airports do you think are slot controlled? That doesn't strike me as much of a problem.
So now BB is going to magically negotiate some codeshare agreement that covers expenses and provides enough revenue to sustain an airline? I can wait to see this.
Quote: The ones where are those big international carriers fly. Doesn't do much good if you can't get the feed into major international airport unless you can convince Emirates to fly to Cleveland.

Also, what would be an alternative codeshare agreement? Is there something other than I pay you $X to move Y people?
Uh, no...there's only about three or four in the entire country.

I don't understand why this is so hard to envision...who's to say that it would even be a codeshare agreement? You guys are getting so hung up on semantics and it's ludicrous that you're demanding details of a possible future business arrangement the details of which (should it come to pass) would be confidential.

Maybe Bedford has something in mind that doesn't exist yet, there a million ways that one could approach this and I don't have any idea what it would be. I just know that Bedford has always said that the C-Series was for Republic and that we need to have rates for those aircraft, just in case something does come together.
Quote: Uh, no...there's only about three or four in the entire country.

I don't understand why this is so hard to envision...who's to say that it would even be a codeshare agreement? You guys are getting so hung up on semantics and it's ludicrous that you're demanding details of a possible future business arrangement the details of which (should it come to pass) would be confidential.

Maybe Bedford has something in mind that doesn't exist yet, there a million ways that one could approach this and I don't have any idea what it would be. I just know that Bedford has always said that the C-Series was for Republic and that we need to have rates for those aircraft, just in case something does come together.
Well, because a code share is the only way RAH is going to be able to operate the C-Series with other airlines pax in the seats. Unless he strikes a deal with Alaska. That's about the only opportunity right now. Unless he plans on starting a traditional airline or LCC, and since he could not successfully run an already well established LCC the latter seems implausible.

Only time will tell.
Quote: Unless he plans on starting a traditional airline or LCC, and since he could not successfully run an already well established LCC the latter seems implausible.
Yeah, but you're talking about a megalomaniacal ego-centric here with God on his side.

..and the Frontier failure was the IBT 357's fault...didn't you hear?
I think it is far more likely one of the airlines is being groomed to be sold to a wholly owned.
Republics Domiciles:

DCA
IND
LGA
MCI
ORD
PHL
PIT
SDF
CMH
DEN
GSO
Which ones are Republic, Chautauqua, and shuttle America?
Quote: Republics Domiciles:

DCA
IND
LGA
MCI
ORD
PHL
PIT
SDF
CMH
DEN
GSO
Which ones are Republic, Chautauqua, and shuttle America?

Shuttle has ORD, EWR, IND, CMH and LGA. Chautauqua is going away so it wont matter. Republic is ORD, IND, CMH, EWR, PIT, PHL, DCA, GSO, MCI , IFP and DEN (think i got em all)
Where is SDF going? Is anyone based there anymore?
How is the CMH base doing these days? Would be an extremely attractive domicile for me.
Quote: How is the CMH base doing these days? Would be an extremely attractive domicile for me.
It seems to be a junior base on all certificates. It's also a big MX hub so I would be surprised if it went anywhere. Hell, I guess nothing is a surprise anymore...
69  119  159  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  172  173  179 
Page 169 of 203
Go to