Republic Questions

Subscribe
3  43  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  63  103  153 
Page 53 of 203
Go to
Quote: Ill preface this question by saying I'm note a smart man and know very little about the rah operation but if they're not getting people in the q classes...why not just stop telling people what plane they're getting until say...after indoc?
I think they used to but when a whole class would show up and be told "all Q!" the next day no one would show up. Now they already committed the resources for a class of X number of people and now they have a low fewer in class.
What are the junior bases for Republic 170? How long to a line at those bases *generally* when there's a good amount of hiring?
Quote: Turboprops "stop being fun" after 500 hrs? Get into the wrong career did we bozo?
I'm not sure if this is old news but, republic is now telling new hires the Q comes with a two-year seat lock. After two years you can bid for the E170.
Quote:
Quote: Turboprops "stop being fun" after 500 hrs? Get into the wrong career did we bozo?
I'm not sure if this is old news but, republic is now telling new hires the Q comes with a two-year seat lock. After two years you can bid for the E170.
This is as opposed to getting into anything as an fo and being locked into that airplane until you upgrade. So, in a way, this is better than whst it is today..

Then again, why come here when we dontnhave rigs, cancellation pay or min daily credits
Quote: This is as opposed to getting into anything as an fo and being locked into that airplane until you upgrade. So, in a way, this is better than whst it is today..

Then again, why come here when we dontnhave rigs, cancellation pay or min daily credits
You have jets with wing mounted engines. Also you are getting a lot of them.
Quote: Yes that quizlet is the correct limitations. Flightsafety should send you an email to get set up on their system and there are some PDFs on there. Enjoy your week off you will have plenty of time to study when you start.

Do you have to remember all those numbers for the ERJ 170/175/190 ???
Quote: Do you have to remember all those numbers for the ERJ 170/175/190 ???
Depends on the certificate. For the purpose of your oral and checkride RP requires you to know a lot more limitations and has more bolded items in the POH than at Shuttle. Id say Shuttle has 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of limitations that must be committed to memory as opposed to Republic.

As far as I know I never saw limitations for the 190 nor was I ever asked about them.
Quote: Do you have to remember all those numbers for the ERJ 170/175/190 ???
I don't know which numbers you are referring to, but at YX (Republic) anything found on the release doesn't have to be memorized. That means you don't need to memorize the different weight limitations between 170/175/190, but you should be familiar.

The temp limits are also not memory items due to a reference in the SOP about how compliance can be through the moving color coded marks on the EICAS. Some check airman do seem to be interested in you at least knowing the ITT limit for starting an engine, only because they want you to shut the engine down before the FADEC does on an abnormal start.
Anybody at Republic that came from a turboprop? How was the transition/learning curve?
How is reserve at Republic (ORD)? How much time from when they call you (newhire) for a trip do you have to be at the airport?
3  43  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  63  103  153 
Page 53 of 203
Go to