Mesa

Subscribe
273  673  723  763  769  770  771  772  773  774  775  776  777  783  823  873 
Page 773 of 917
Go to
Quote: Are you that "Captain Obvious" guy from the Hotels.com commercial?
I think that was his nice way of telling the Skywest "Mesa isn't getting those" guy to politely pound sand or as he said, "Only time will tell.."
Not sure why everyone thinks Skyworse is in a better position then Mesa to get more flying. Sure they have aircraft to trade, but their ontime performance isn't what ours is.
Quote: Sooo the announcement is expected very soon? Would we be able to staff another 30 EJETS?
Yes. Because it would be a self-fulfilling prophecy type situation--the regional with the highest percentage of new airplanes in the pipeline is going to attract the highest percentage of new hires from the factory schools--as insane as these neurotically-texting millenials seem, they seem to be saavy enough to pick the regional with the fastest upgrade times.

Terrible management teams/prospects at places like Republic and Endeavor are still managing to get a handful of newbies shoved into the toilet at JFK/LGA/etc., but overall it seems like the bulk of AllATPs/factory-school grads are coming here for the quick upgrade on good equipment.

Anyone who picks a regional based on contract or pay in the current environment--with the current level of movement in the regional ranks--is an idiot, plain and simple. It's most rational (in this hiring/growth environment) to choose movement over pay. That fact of life has been borne out in the hiring stats at Mesa vs. other higher-paying regionals.

Now, if we hit a recession or stagnation in hiring at the legacies, yeah--maybe that will change--but right now the smart money is on the places with the fastest upgrades, and if get another 30 airplanes I'm pretty confident lateral transfers and newbie CFIs will cover the staffing needs short-term.
Quote:
Anyone who picks a regional based on contract or pay in the current environment--with the current level of movement in the regional ranks--is an idiot, plain and simple. It's most rational (in this hiring/growth environment) to choose movement over pay.
This could be the single dumbest thing I've ever read on here. You are the poster child for everything that is wrong in this industry. The reason those ATP grads are choosing Mesa is 1) most of them are pretty dumb in the first place and 2) clowns like you are saying how awesome it is to work for JOs Sweatshop. All that aside, your "proof" that movement is better than pay is completely wrong. FOs are being hired in large numbers from places like XJT and ENY. Plus, any civilian only pilot hired after spring 2013 when most of thr big regionals started having hiring problems has yet to get an invite to work at a big 3.
Quote: I think that was his nice way of telling the Skywest "Mesa isn't getting those" guy to politely pound sand or as he said, "Only time will tell.."
Thank you :-)
Pilot A and pilot B have 5000hrs and a bachelor's. Pilot A has 1000TPIC. Which pilot does Legacy A hire first?

Its simply about having a better resume in the next few years. It's great hearing about FOs getting hired but we sit next to people that get hired everyday. Guys just want to increase their odds.
Quote: FOs are being hired in large numbers from places like XJT and ENY.
...no, they're not.
Quote: ...no, they're not.
Dude this is the Internet you can make up whatever you want!

That being said, I "heard" that starting this fall Delta is hiring with a PPL and 500TT
Quote: Dude this is the Internet you can make up whatever you want!

That being said, I "heard" that starting this fall Delta is hiring with a PPL and 500TT
By large I mean more than ones and twos. There are senior FOs leaving for much better pastures.
Quote: ...no, they're not.
Yes. They are. United took more Acey FOs last year than pilots from all other regional airlines combined. They are on track to beat that from last year.
273  673  723  763  769  770  771  772  773  774  775  776  777  783  823  873 
Page 773 of 917
Go to