Delta Hiring News

Subscribe
275  325  365  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  385  425  475  875 
Page 375 of 1123
Go to
Quote: While I'm being a d**k, which altimeter do you use?
Who cares?

Not like you're going to hit anything

But Holy Speed Tape Dsylexia!!!
I never understood why the speed tape is backwards on military airplanes. This is a challenge to say the least when I switch back and forth between the 747-400 and the C-17.
Quote: I applied and have been anxiously awaiting for the day.

I just know he was one of the first ones that Delta has called from off the street and that is what he had on his application. I heard Arnie say that 7 driving violations is the cutoff for an interview. So I agree I do not think that driving violations are a really big deal. I have heard that GPA is a big deal when it comes to electronic scoring. I have heard community service is another big deal on the electronic scoring too. I applied last November and have not heard a word. I have almost the same application as his but I am a simulator instructor for a 121 operation. I just can't put my finger on what they are really looking for. I have a lower GPA, failed a checkride and only applied in November. So those variables must make my electronic score much lower than his. I know the SLC Delta Chief Pilot and met Jim Graham, I have like 4 internal letters of recommendation and I'm just dying to know where I sit on the list to be called one day.
A friend of mine who attended the last WAI conference showed me a few pictures of AK's PowerPoint regarding Delta's application process along with his notes. AK stressed that all info on the app needs to be updated periodically and have correct information. I was told that AK said that "spell check isn't on airline apps for a reason", to see if people will take the time to proof read. In regards to what they're looking for, here are a few highlights that I specifically remember... College is very important to them, they prefer graduating from a "top tier" college in a "challenging" curriculum with graduation within 5 years. They don't want some "fly-by weekend college", specific words from AK. They also "prefer" a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If you didn't attend a top tier university, they want to see an aviation college. Beyond that, a professional flight school. The flying quals said they want LCA, and higher up flying positions within the company. They want to see that you're trying to advance your career and position within your company to advance yourself. Again, this info was from the slideshow along with quotes from AK himself, it is all I could remember from the attendee. I would consider leaving NK after a couple years here, but with 7k total, 1k+ jet pic, LCA, and a couple types, my chances are slim since I didn't attend a top tier university, aviation college, and the fact it took me more than 5 years to graduate. Good thing I'm happy here at NK, for now, just don't want to commute forever!
Am I reading that correctly?

At 70,000 feet you're doing 105 knots / Mach .71 ??

Isn't that kinda slow?

Check Essential
(definitely not an astronaut)
Quote: A friend of mine who attended the last WAI conference showed me a few pictures of AK's PowerPoint regarding Delta's application process along with his notes. AK stressed that all info on the app needs to be updated periodically and have correct information. I was told that AK said that "spell check isn't on airline apps for a reason", to see if people will take the time to proof read. In regards to what they're looking for, here are a few highlights that I specifically remember... College is very important to them, they prefer graduating from a "top tier" college in a "challenging" curriculum with graduation within 5 years. They don't want some "fly-by weekend college", specific words from AK. They also "prefer" a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If you didn't attend a top tier university, they want to see an aviation college. Beyond that, a professional flight school. The flying quals said they want LCA, and higher up flying positions within the company. They want to see that you're trying to advance your career and position within your company to advance yourself. Again, this info was from the slideshow along with quotes from AK himself, it is all I could remember from the attendee. I would consider leaving NK after a couple years here, but with 7k total, 1k+ jet pic, LCA, and a couple types, my chances are slim since I didn't attend a top tier university, aviation college, and the fact it took me more than 5 years to graduate. Good thing I'm happy here at NK, for now, just don't want to commute forever!
I have a question in regards to education. I finished my Bachelors in 4 years from the Air Force Academy. Then I slowly completed my Masters degree over 4 years, taking several breaks along the way as I got busy and worn out. So do I put 8 years of college or 4 since that was my Bachelor's time? My school dates are listed correctly in my Education section as well.
Quote: Am I reading that correctly?

At 70,000 feet you're doing 105 knots / Mach .71 ??

Isn't that kinda slow?

Check Essential
(definitely not an astronaut)
Check,

At higher altitudes you switch to the mach meter for a reason. The distance between air particles is bigger up there. The U2/TR1 was never considered a fast jet; its a glider.
Quote: I have a question in regards to education. I finished my Bachelors in 4 years from the Air Force Academy. Then I slowly completed my Masters degree over 4 years, taking several breaks along the way as I got busy and worn out. So do I put 8 years of college or 4 since that was my Bachelor's time? My school dates are listed correctly in my Education section as well.
You put 6 years of college, that is generally what a masters is and a phd is 8 years. You can explain it away either way, but 8 is more misleading than 6.

Now, as far as the Academy time, I don't know if you put 2 years or 4.
Quote: Now, as far as the Academy time, I don't know if you put 2 years or 4.
Isn't that more of a trade school? I get confused.

But since the AFA class of 79 runs Delta (and lets you know it before you can even sit down from the walk around) I think he's in fine shape.
Quote: You put 6 years of college, that is generally what a masters is and a phd is 8 years. You can explain it away either way, but 8 is more misleading than 6.

Now, as far as the Academy time, I don't know if you put 2 years or 4.
Thanks Scambo. I certainly don't want to be misleading. I also don't want to overthink every aspect of the app. So 6 is acceptable, since I wasn't a full time student and just plugged away at it the degree in the free time I actually had in the AF? Even though it was over a 4 year stretch?
Quote: Isn't that more of a trade school? I get confused.

But since the AFA class of 79 runs Delta (and lets you know it before you can even sit down from the walk around) I think he's in fine shape.
Class of 79. Now isn't that the LCWB?
275  325  365  371  372  373  374  375  376  377  378  379  385  425  475  875 
Page 375 of 1123
Go to