American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
45  95  135  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  155  195  245 
Page 145 of 603
Go to
Quote: Does anyone know if there's a way to tell if you were not selected besides the TBNT email? I applied several months ago but I was just deleting my Junk Folder without checking it for the first month. So if I received a TBNT, I wouldn't have noticed it for the first month. I'm still updating my times every two weeks and all my sections still have green check marks.

Thanks
I would try emailing the support email address on the pilot credentials page. Theyre very helpful and usually respond within a day or two (if youre worried about their emails going to a junk folder inadvertently, add them to your email contacts list).
Quote: It is a question absent implication.

Involuntary furloughed pilots in the United SLI arbitration received credit for the length of service they were active. Voluntary furloughs also received a furlough credit in addition to LOS credit.

I think we'll certainly see a length of service credit for everyone.

Eagle, You may know that USAPAs push for DOH was not successful in their previous merger with AmWest. It may likely not be successful in an integration with APA.

There is some confusion about Third-List pilots, but there are two seniority lists at US Airways. Some pilots on each list were hired after the US Airways/America West merger. These pilots are "listed" as holding conditional notice to that previous merger. Meaning Third-List pilot seniority expectations are relatively less.

So, with all that... Congrats to those recently hired or returning to the newAA.
Gotcha. I guess I didn't word it correctly; I was simply talking about LOS for pay purposes. I hope you're correct that there is support for this. Browsing C&R doesn't give me a warm fuzzy however.

As far as LOS for the integration calculus...well, that's a whole other ballgame. I'm happy (and thankful, btw) to exercise my contractual right to defer and see how the whole mess is played out. When all is said and done, if it looks like I'm back near the bottom of the integrated list, I might just make the tough decision to gamble my career at JetBlue (or whoever buys us!).
American interviews and class dates
Thanks Ghilis101.
Quote: Gotcha. I guess I didn't word it correctly; I was simply talking about LOS for pay purposes. I hope you're correct that there is support for this. Browsing C&R doesn't give me a warm fuzzy however.

As far as LOS for the integration calculus...well, that's a whole other ballgame. I'm happy (and thankful, btw) to exercise my contractual right to defer and see how the whole mess is played out. When all is said and done, if it looks like I'm back near the bottom of the integrated list, I might just make the tough decision to gamble my career at JetBlue (or whoever buys us!).
What I've been told directly by a BOD member is that the majority of the BOD favors LOS for pay purposes as a concept, but the sticking point is using JCBA improvement capital to pay for it. Instead of making other pilots pay for it (some of which would object), they believe the company should fund that benefit separate from the JCBA. Prying extra $$$ out of management is going to be difficult, though possible. It is hoped that at least some partial credit could be obtained, but it's a hot potato wildcard for them.
Why would they not integrate the furloughed pilots as DOH? That doesn't seem right, that a furloughed guy would be behind a new hire potentially hired a decade after them. Or is it that the furloughs were given a chance to come back, and declined? I can kinda see both sides.
When you have guys that were on property with AA for less than a year and then furloughed vs US guys that are third-listers that have been on property for 5+ yrs. Is it fair for the AA guys that were barely on property to go senior to the guys that have been there for 5+ yrs? I would think not.
Personally, I think it will go LoS with fences.
Quote: When you have guys that were on property with AA for less than a year and then furloughed vs US guys that are third-listers that have been on property for 5+ yrs. Is it fair for the AA guys that were barely on property to go senior to the guys that have been there for 5+ yrs? I would think not.
My personal feeling? Yes if they took the first recall. No if they deferred. If people are deferring, as far as I'm concerned, they gave up the option to get slotted in at that point. But I have no skin in the game, I'm unbiased. If I was the arbitrator that is what I would do. Maybe.
Quote: When you have guys that were on property with AA for less than a year and then furloughed vs US guys that are third-listers that have been on property for 5+ yrs. Is it fair for the AA guys that were barely on property to go senior to the guys that have been there for 5+ yrs? I would think not.
I guess you've forgotten why they were furloughed. I haven't.

I don't have a problem with a third lister flying their fenced off LCC opportunties and working into a proportion of that flying in the future operation when the fences drop.

But go entirely in front of AA furloughess based on LOS? Sorry, NFW.

AA CA
I am a third lister and I don't know anyone that feels this would be fair. I don't want to advance at the expense of someone else.
Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Thedude

When you have guys that were on property with AA for less than a year and then furloughed vs US guys that are third-listers that have been on property for 5+ yrs. Is it fair for the AA guys that were barely on property to go senior to the guys that have been there for 5+ yrs? I would think not.

I guess you've forgotten why they were furloughed. I haven't.

I don't have a problem with a third lister flying their fenced off LCC opportunties and working into a proportion of that flying in the future operation when the fences drop.

But go entirely in front of AA furloughess based on LOS? Sorry, NFW.

AA CA
Well, this is what United did in their integration.
45  95  135  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  155  195  245 
Page 145 of 603
Go to