American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
354  404  444  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  464  504  554 
Page 454 of 603
Go to
Quote: I'm civilian OTS. Very excited that I've finally been selected! I completed the video interview a few days ago and have not gotten any response positive or negative. Is this a bad thing?? I feel like I should have heard by now...
Smoke a Lucky. Most folks I've talked to said two weeks from video interview completion to notification - mine took 15 days. If you did well on the video interview, you will receive an email asking you to go back into Pilot Credentials and enter your SSN so they can start the background investigation.
AAhole, sent you a PM.
Quote: Hey guys, long time first time.

I'm civilian OTS. Very excited that I've finally been selected! I completed the video interview a few days ago and have not gotten any response positive or negative. Is this a bad thing?? I feel like I should have heard by now...

Also curious about how long it takes to get DCA base and how long reserve is?

Thanks in advance!
I've talked to people who said they got the "additional info" email hours after they took the video interview. I've also talked to others who received the same E-mail days, weeks, and even months later.

Don't lose hope if you haven't heard in a week or two.
Quote: On the LUS side it is very junior. You could probably get it as a new hire if you are senior enough in your class to get the Airbus in training. It's more senior on the LAA side. I'm a 6/2014 hire and held a line for one month this year. Looks like about 2.5 years for reserve.
Quote: DCA (737 only) is pretty senior for LAA. Lots of big changes coming though.... SLI, metal swaps, potential domicile shrinkage, etc....

Just at a glance, DCA reserve on the AA side is probably at least 5 years.
Wow, wasn't expecting that. With all the hiring going on/retirements, I thought it'd be a lot shorter than that! Thanks for the replies, guys.
Quote: I've talked to people who said they got the "additional info" email hours after they took the video interview. I've also talked to others who received the same E-mail days, weeks, and even months later.

Don't lose hope if you haven't heard in a week or two.
Not losing hope, just curious. You know how it is--every day that passes, you start to question more and more of your answers. Still cautiously optimistic. Thanks for the reply.
Quote: Are there any AA crashpads in DCA? That is one of the bigger issues I've found and why it typically went junior at L-US.
There's a few out there that are predominantly AA. Most are in Crystal City.
Quote: Wow, wasn't expecting that. With all the hiring going on/retirements, I thought it'd be a lot shorter than that! Thanks for the replies, guys.
That hasn't really started yet, this is the calm before the storm.
190 FO in PHL looks like it's just a couple months of reserve. Pay is the same first year as the AB. MIA, LGA, and LAX, 737 and A320 look like less than 2 years of reserve. MIA 320 is probably the shortest stay on reserve on the LAA side.
Quote: 190 FO in PHL looks like it's just a couple months of reserve. Pay is the same first year as the AB. MIA, LGA, and LAX, 737 and A320 look like less than 2 years of reserve. MIA 320 is probably the shortest stay on reserve on the LAA side.
Yes, short call one month, Then long call one or two months then straight to secondary line. By 5 months you'll be a primary.
Pay is the same on probation.
Bid off coming off probation. In a perfect world they'll withhold you so you'd be an E190 line holder(primary?), cranking out hours at AB pay.
354  404  444  450  451  452  453  454  455  456  457  458  464  504  554 
Page 454 of 603
Go to