American interviews and class dates

Subscribe
53  453  503  543  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  563 
Page 553 of 603
Go to
Quote: That said it's very competitive to get an interview off the street. I'm non military RJ CA and was interviewed in June and got the call this week.
Congratulations!
Quote: Envoy has had a bunch of flow types over the years. Back in 2009-2010 a bunch of flows went over. Then the 824 started. Once the 40th 175 is in revenue service (this month or early next month) that triggers 50% of the class again for the protected pilots. After they are gone the percentage drops.

That said it's very competitive to get an interview off the street. I'm non military RJ CA and was interviewed in June and got the call this week.
My answer was a bit more rhetorical.
Saying 25+ yrs is being disingenuous at best when the contract allowing flows has only been in place for 17yrs (from the comment I posted on).
Quote: Congratulations!
I second that. Congrats brother!
Quote: My answer was a bit more rhetorical.
Saying 25+ yrs is being disingenuous at best when the contract allowing flows has only been in place for 17yrs (from the comment I posted on).

The first group of flows were mid 80's and earlier hires at Eagle, the last group before the 824 were late 80's, early 90's hires at Eagle. Maybe not 25 years, but 20+.
Quote: How?
When the contract that started flow though didn't get signed till 1997.
A little inflated at 25 yrs.
Allow me to clarify. Two or three years ago (2014 or 2015) some of the pilots flowing from Envoy had 25+ years of experience as regional pilots. In other words a number of those flowing were around 50 years old.

Sorry about the confusion.
Quote: My answer was a bit more rhetorical.
The original flow through began circa 1996 with the delivery of the first RJ iirc. It may have been 1997. Either way it's 20+ years ago. The cadre RJ captains had a 24 month seat lock after which the flow was triggered. The initial flows began 1998-1999 ish.
Quote: Just some clarification.

Back 2 or 3 years ago, Envoy flows were 25+ years in some cases.
Quote: How?
When the contract that started flow though didn't get signed till 1997.
A little inflated at 25 yrs.
You are misinterpreting his comment. The numbers he's quoting are the total years those pilots were on property at Eagle before coming over, not how long they were waiting on the Flow to happen.

His numbers are spot on.
Quote: You are misinterpreting his comment. The numbers he's quoting are the total years those pilots were on property at Eagle before coming over, not how long they were waiting on the Flow to happen.

His numbers are spot on.
No I am not misinterpreting his comments.
I am trying to make a clarification.

You cannot count years on property if [when] the flow did not exist.
You can began to count once the conditions were triggered to make the flow happened.
I know it is splitting hairs but it is more correct.

Kinda like saying you have been trying to get on at AA for 20 yrs because you got your private 20 yrs ago.
Or telling folks you work at American when it was really American Eagle.
Quote: No I am not misinterpreting his comments.
You need a boat.
Quote: No I am not misinterpreting his comments.

You cannot count years on property if [when] the flow did not exist.
You can began to count once the conditions were triggered to make the flow happened.
I know it is splitting hairs but it is more correct.

Kinda like saying you have been trying to get on at AA for 20 yrs because you got your private 20 yrs ago.
Or telling folks you work at American when it was really American Eagle.
All due respect, you are misrepresenting my comments. I am stating how many years those pilots were flying, before they got to AA; not how long the flow agreement was in effect.

In many of these cases, they were flying for Envoy/Eagle, in some cases they may have started at other regionals and then got hired by Envoy/Eagle. When they flowed just a few years ago, they were age 50 or there about.

Two results of this.

These pilots and other pilots, after many, many years finally got to one of the majors. (Age 50 vs. many in the future who will be age 30). They wondered if they ever would. I am glad for them, they finally did.

Secondly, after the wave of retirements over the next 10 - 20 years, this will be extended by pilots that flowed with 15 years +/- before they retire. Even those who flowed who are age 40 will extend the hiring wave.

I trust this clarifies the intent of my initial post. Sorry if I left it open to be misinterpreted the way you did. My fault.
53  453  503  543  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  563 
Page 553 of 603
Go to