Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304  704 
Page 204 of 779
Go to
Quote: Is it the question that asks not to include Private through CFI right?
No. It was one or two questions before the checkride failure question. I think the training failure question was probably referring to an instance where one did not successfully complete a course of training without actually failing a checkride. For instance, say somebody washed out of initial training at their first regional airline before being recommended for their checkride, then went on to a different regional airline where they successfully finished training by passing their checkride. In the first instance there was no checkride failure because they never made it to the checkride, but they certainly failed training. I think this type of scenario is what they are referring to, although I am not completely sure.
Quote: Calls won't go out for a few weeks yet.
Calls went out a few days ago.
Quote: Calls went out a few days ago.
What were the dates for the interviews?
Pilot crunch finally effecting Alaska?
Can they still be picky in their hiring process? Rumor has it that the AS pool of applicants has shrunk dramatically in the last year. From more hiring at AS and other people going elsewhere. Any truth to this?
Quote: Can they still be picky in their hiring process?
Yes, they can. For every pilot they hire in a given year, there are easily ten applicants, probably more.
Quote: Can they still be picky in their hiring process? Rumor has it that the AS pool of applicants has shrunk dramatically in the last year. From more hiring at AS and other people going elsewhere. Any truth to this?
You should of seen the line at Alaska at the job fair.
Quote: Can they still be picky in their hiring process? Rumor has it that the AS pool of applicants has shrunk dramatically in the last year. From more hiring at AS and other people going elsewhere. Any truth to this?
The pool of those hired shrank dramatically because they didn't want people waiting over 6 months to start. The pool of applicants is still quite large.

Like riverside said. You should see the lines.

I know some find it hard to believe that anyone would want to work here because the pay is low. Well, if it stays low in the next contract you will have a point. When you look at the old numbers they were not far off from other airlines 737 numbers. Some of us do not want to fly long haul, I did it for 20 years and am a little tired of it.
With a $50/hour difference on the rates between AS & UA/DL, I'm shocked anyone would apply at all. How many more years does this POS contract have?
Quote: With a $50/hour difference on the rates between AS & UA/DL, I'm shocked anyone would apply at all. How many more years does this POS contract have?
JCBA is just getting started. Negotiations are for 3 chapters only so it could take a several months or it could take a couple years. Don't be such a private eye....your contract just pepped up in the last year. How quickly some forget.
Quote: JCBA is just getting started. Negotiations are for 3 chapters only so it could take a several months or it could take a couple years. Don't be such a private eye....your contract just pepped up in the last year. How quickly some forget.
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but your last contract was embarrassing. Hoping there's a new guard within the combined airline that's grown tired of managements BS tactics. How many times can you fall for those phony boogie-man tales that the worlds about to end and Air Group has to hunker down and cut costs?

You guys deserve so much more than you're continually settling for and the record profits just make the Pilot group look even more naive. Mayberry R.F.D. type negotiations should have been abandoned ages ago.
104  154  194  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  214  254  304  704 
Page 204 of 779
Go to