Alaska Air Hiring

Subscribe
226  626  676  716  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  730  736  776 
Page 726 of 783
Go to
Quote: As a new hire this is sad to read. My only exposure has been to the school house, but it seems like most guys here are very cool and down to earth. I feel lucky to be here due to my lack of experience.

Rose colored glasses aside, it seems like the common theme is that this place is a stepping stone unless you want to retire living in PDX and that I will be giving up “seven figures” if I stay here for the next 38 years. Tough to determine if this is hyperbole or the reality of retiring here.

Regardless, I am stoked to be here and the experience has been very positive so far!
By your username suggestion, it appears to be a "stepping stone" for you as well.....unless you're talking about your tush.
Quote: By your username suggestion, it appears to be a "stepping stone" for you as well.....unless you're talking about your tush.

Congrats, you are the 1,000 person to make that joke. DM to pick your prize!!
Quote: As a new hire this is sad to read. My only exposure has been to the school house, but it seems like most guys here are very cool and down to earth. I feel lucky to be here due to my lack of experience.

Rose colored glasses aside, it seems like the common theme is that this place is a stepping stone unless you want to retire living in PDX and that I will be giving up “seven figures” if I stay here for the next 38 years. Tough to determine if this is hyperbole or the reality of retiring here.

Regardless, I am stoked to be here and the experience has been very positive so far!
First off, Welcome aboard!

Next, don’t take any career advice from these forums. You do you, and don’t worry about what others say/think. The truth is no one really knows in this career. Just ask the old school United guys who left Alaska and got furloughed from United for 10+yrs…
Quote: Just ask the old school United guys who left Alaska and got furloughed from United for 10+yrs…
I actually had one of these United pilots in my jumpseat many years ago. He said that the furlough was rough but divorcing eskimo was the best career move that he has made and would do it again in a heart beat. BTW, the furlough wasn't 10+ years. Mileage may vary.
Quote: BTW, the furlough wasn't 10+ years. Mileage may vary.
It actually was about that for an unlucky few, since they got furloughed at least twice.
Sooooooo, do you doomstirs still recommend people leave or don’t come here to go to Southwest instead???
😆😆😆
Quote: Sooooooo, do you doomstirs still recommend people leave or don’t come here to go to Southwest instead???
😆😆😆
I would ask how it only took you a year to forget what a calamity Christmas 2021 was for Alaska, but I know that was the better part of a year before your time. Nobody that lives in the glass house that is Alaska, let alone the vocally ignorant new hires such as yourself, should be throwing stones.
Quote: Sooooooo, do you doomstirs still recommend people leave or don’t come here to go to Southwest instead???
😆😆😆

Yes. The checks still clear.
Quote: I would ask how it only took you a year to forget what a calamity Christmas 2021 was for Alaska, but I know that was the better part of a year before your time. Nobody that lives in the glass house that is Alaska, let alone the vocally ignorant new hires such as yourself, should be throwing stones.
Christmas 2021 AS was nothing like what just happened at SWA. Not by a long shot.
Trying to get back to Anchorage
Hey all, 3000TT military dude looking to get back to Anchorage with my family. Just put my app in for Alaska this week and hoping for a call. I understand assignments are based on age at Alaska.

What are the chances of being based out of ANC following indoc? Failing that, what is the commuting life like between ANC and the other bases?
226  626  676  716  722  723  724  725  726  727  728  729  730  736  776 
Page 726 of 783
Go to