Netjets latest & greatest:

Subscribe
212  262  302  308  309  310  311  312  313  314  315  316  322 
Page 312 of 323
Go to
Quote: Watch the FAA reauthorization bill due to expire in March. That is the most likely pathway.
Is there a group or someone pushing for this? The FAA never seems to be proactive about anything so I’m just curious what would drive this change.
Quote: Is there a group or someone pushing for this? The FAA never seems to be proactive about anything so I’m just curious what would drive this change.

Netjets hired lobbyists to slide it into the FAA bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From multiple sources, a mandatory retirement age via FAA regulation for the 91K/135 world is on the back burner indefinitely.

Whether the company has the stones to try a unilateral policy change and fight the inevitable class action lawsuit is another question. The answer to which I believe is NO.

Unfortunately.
Quote: From multiple sources, a mandatory retirement age via FAA regulation for the 91K/135 world is on the back burner indefinitely.

Whether the company has the stones to try a unilateral policy change and fight the inevitable class action lawsuit is another question. The answer to which I believe is NO.

Unfortunately.
With age limit already law in 121, what would the 135 elderly have in defense? Imho 135 ops would suggest an age limit before 121 button pushers. What rationale could possibly be used to argue against it?
Quote: With age limit already law in 121, what would the 135 elderly have in defense? Imho 135 ops would suggest an age limit before 121 button pushers. What rationale could possibly be used to argue against it?
I agree with you. But the gummers say an age limit is "arbitrary."

So what age ceases to be arbitrary? 70? 80? 103?

Their rationale is that there hasn't ever been an age limit for 91K/135 and (they claim) there is no verifiable safety risk from Geritol swilling pilots. Therefore no new regulation is needed
Quote: I agree with you. But the gummers say an age limit is "arbitrary."

So what age ceases to be arbitrary? 70? 80? 103?

Their rationale is that there hasn't ever been an age limit for 91K/135 and (they claim) there is no verifiable safety risk from Geritol swilling pilots. Therefore no new regulation is needed
Right, I guess only multiple deaths are considered “verifiable safety risk”.
So basically not enough people have been killed yet to warrant serious consideration. Fkn joke. Makes you wonder what a cog test would reveal.
Quote: Right, I guess only multiple deaths are considered “verifiable safety risk”.
So basically not enough people have been killed yet to warrant serious consideration. Fkn joke. Makes you wonder what a cog test would reveal.
Does Netjets have recurrent training/checking requirements that would ferret out cog capabilty? I'm 71 and just umpired a college baseball double-header last night. But we have had guys age 60 that we wouldn't let near a baseball field. The age limit should not be arbitrary. Maybe I should apply, not having turned a wheel in 10 years, and show you how it is done. No, nevermind, I'm not cleaning or restocking.
Quote: Does Netjets have recurrent training/checking requirements that would ferret out cog capabilty? I'm 71 and just umpired a college baseball double-header last night. But we have had guys age 60 that we wouldn't let near a baseball field. The age limit should not be arbitrary. Maybe I should apply, not having turned a wheel in 10 years, and show you how it is done. No, nevermind, I'm not cleaning or restocking.
Again, what age is no longer arbitrary?

We have two pilots who turn EIGHTY this year. Are you willing to put YOUR family in the back of their jet?

Didn't think so.

And the answer to your very first question is: NO, we don't.
Most folk I know that shouldn't fly in their 70's shouldn't have been flying in their 40's. Just sayin.
NJA is going to be hard pressed to find 20 people a month willing to work there without hiring retired airline pilots. Sad reality.
212  262  302  308  309  310  311  312  313  314  315  316  322 
Page 312 of 323
Go to