Interview Calls & Hiring Predictions

Subscribe
20  60  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  80  120  170 
Page 70 of 178
Go to
Question regarding this item on the United Addendum on AirlineApps:

** ANSWER THIS QUESTION HONESTLY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE YOU PRESENTLY SHOW A CONVICTION ON YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD AND WHETHER OR NOT YOUR LAWYER TOLD YOU SOMETHING WOULD NOT COUNT.
16. Have you:
A) Ever been convicted or is there now pending against you a misdemeanor or felony (civil or military charge);
B) Received deferred adjudication (even if your case was later dismissed);
C) Been part of any sort of diversion program in lieu of a conviction (even if your case was later dismissed);
OR
D) Paid a fine/ performed community service/ served any jail time?

In Sep '04 at the Air Force Academy and the ripe age of 19, I got picked up by Air Force cops on the base there for underage drinking. This resulted in a Letter of Reprimand (Non-Judicial Punishment) and Unfavorable Information File. The UIF closes out 2 years after the incident and is, therefore, nowhere on my record. So is this an appropriate thing to put in this section or not necessary? The question specifically asks about criminal convictions and plea bargains and this being NJP involved neither, so I'm inclined to answer "No," but I don't want to hose myself if it comes up in an interview and they ask why I didn't include it. Likewise, I don't want to hose myself by answering "Yes" to something I didn't need to. Also, speeding tickets: do they go here also?

Thanks!
Quote: Question regarding this item on the United Addendum on AirlineApps:

** ANSWER THIS QUESTION HONESTLY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE YOU PRESENTLY SHOW A CONVICTION ON YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD AND WHETHER OR NOT YOUR LAWYER TOLD YOU SOMETHING WOULD NOT COUNT.
16. Have you:
A) Ever been convicted or is there now pending against you a misdemeanor or felony (civil or military charge);
C) Been part of any sort of diversion program in lieu of a conviction (even if your case was later dismissed);
OR

In Sep '04 at the Air Force Academy and the ripe age of 19, I got picked up by Air Force cops on the base there for underage drinking. This resulted in a Letter of Reprimand (Non-Judicial Punishment) and Unfavorable Information File. The UIF closes out 2 years after the incident and is, therefore, nowhere on my record. So is this an appropriate thing to put in this section or not necessary? The question specifically asks about criminal convictions and plea bargains and this being NJP involved neither, so I'm inclined to answer "No," but I don't want to hose myself if it comes up in an interview and they ask why I didn't include it. Likewise, I don't want to hose myself by answering "Yes" to something I didn't need to. Also, speeding tickets: do they go here also?

Thanks!
I agree, this is a no!!
Speeding tickets go elsewhere, IIRC.

16. Have you:
OR

Thanks!
This just goes to show what a waste of time the Hogan test is.

16. Have you:
OR

Thanks!
An "Honorable Discharge" on your DD214 is all they need to know about your service record IMO.

16. Have you:
OR

Thanks!
No. Do not put that down and don't bring it up. Your situation is not what this is for.
Quote: No. Do not put that down and don't bring it up. Your situation is not what this is for.
what about for speeding tickets?
Thanks guys, appreciate the guidance.
Quote: what about for speeding tickets?
Speeding tickets can be gotten. Here is the deal we looks for trends. If you have one here or there or from your teen/years and forget to report it. It can happen. The individual that has 6-10 over a 10 year period and only reported 2-3. That's an issue. Or the person that has more than speeding violations are at risk. Not talking 1-2 but 3 or more. Again, may show a trend or someone with a sweet ride!
Quote: Speeding tickets can be gotten. Here is the deal we looks for trends. If you have one here or there or from your teen/years and forget to report it. It can happen. The individual that has 6-10 over a 10 year period and only reported 2-3. That's an issue. Or the person that has more than speeding violations are at risk. Not talking 1-2 but 3 or more. Again, may show a trend or someone with a sweet ride!
Excellent advice! I also have listed events like getting cited for not having my insurance card on me. I just had to show proof to the city that I had current insurance and had no penalty against me. It shows up on my driving record so I put it down on the application any ways. Would you agree with this?
Quote: Excellent advice! I also have listed events like getting cited for not having my insurance card on me. I just had to show proof to the city that I had current insurance and had no penalty against me. It shows up on my driving record so I put it down on the application any ways. Would you agree with this?
If it shows up on your driving record, I think you better keep it on your application. You don't want them finding things in your record you didn't mention on your application.
20  60  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  80  120  170 
Page 70 of 178
Go to