Interview Calls & Hiring Predictions

Subscribe
28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88  128 
Page 78 of 178
Go to
Bases
I'm going to be commuting out of South Florida......EWR is my immediate future...but considering future options what base is going to work best for me?

Thanks for any and all opinions...whic I'm sure will differ...
Quote: I'm going to be commuting out of South Florida......EWR is my immediate future...but considering future options what base is going to work best for me?

A Miami base. If not, then bid MCO.
Quote: I'm going to be commuting out of South Florida......EWR is my immediate future...but considering future options what base is going to work best for me?

All joking aside if you want to stay in S Florida I would try to get on with JetBlue or some other Florida airline. I've commutes for 8 years and absolutely hate commuting.

1) There are far more flights going to NYC (EWR/LGA/JFK) than IAH/ORD/DEN from South Florida.

2) Your seniority (or lack thereof) buys more bang for the buck in EWR than just about anywhere else.

(Of course, there are also far more South Florida commuters competing for the same jumpseats to NYC for the same reasons mentioned above.)
Quote: I was expecting to see another vacancy bid out today. I guess they are still trying to digest the displacement bid that closed this week.
Next vacancy bid will be out early in the week...sounds like there will be a few widebody bids but mainly narrowbody stuff.
Quote: Next vacancy bid will be out early in the week...sounds like there will be a few widebody bids but mainly narrowbody stuff.
Any word on secondary displacements from 1503S?
Quote: Any word on secondary displacements from 1503S?
I doubt there will be any. The Captains seemed to go to 777 in SFO and ORD while the FOs took Capt bids in 737 and Bus and a handful went to FO on 747 or stayed on 76T.

ORD had Capt bids on 777 recently so I don't think adding a few would greatly over staff the base. Not sure about SFO.
How long after the interview have you waited for a call? ...Yes or no. Buddy of mine interviewed last week. Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: How long after the interview have you waited for a call? ...Yes or no. Buddy of mine interviewed last week. Just curious. Thanks.

I have a friend who interviewed on 11/11 and got the good news call on 11/21.
Interview Calls & Hiring Predictions
Thanks. They told him in the interview that it might take as long as 10 days. So that jives.
Good luck to all.

28  68  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  88  128 
Page 78 of 178
Go to