ASA MEC update regarding XJT MEC

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Wow...love to see this conversation face to face...pretty brave people on here tonight. My bet is these "fellow pilots" would be much more civil to each other, sound like children in a school yard here. I personally wouldn't wish harm on any pilot in this profession just because he doesn't agree with me...
I'm seriously embarrassed to be associated with pilots that think this way. Most of all I really feel bad for those that think they can just turn their backs and let the problem go away. If that is how guys feel, karma is going to have a blast with them.

I'll tell you one thing. If it weren't for the strong, passionate self valued pilots of the ERJ side, you can bet your butts 83% would have not been attainable. In fact I'm willing to bet that TA would have been governing our lives as we speak. From the sounds of it, most of the "company guys" hail from the ASA side.

The entire regional industry owes the LXJT guys some credit for standing strong. Give em a freaking break.
83% requires both sides... Go find some adults to cheer for.... then someone here tell me how violating the TPA (Transition and Process Agreement) and negotiating for SmartPref outside of the JCBA (apparently in secret) is pulling in one direction?
Quote: I dont disagree. But in comparison to the laundry list of concessions that management wants from the ERJ side, a process (which has been previously agreed to by both MEC) to choose a single PBS is just a bone.

Fifty seat jets are outdated. What's your point? And why is our contract outdated? Because it's the best in the industry? Do you guys even listen to what you say? Or are you management? Because you are saying EXACTLY the same things!

This is absurd! As long as management is paying for two sets of management personnel, two sets of office staff, two sets of facilities for SOC, two sets of systems management, two sets of EVERYTHING, there will always be money on the table! Why should we sacrifice money out of our compensation so that management can spend it on two VPs of everything?! And for what? So that they can perpetuate this whipsaw?

You guys are talking crazy.
This is what you want the pilots at Skywest to vote in? Really man.
Quote: Where did ASA break the PBS process agreement? Comair had the best in the industry too, which is how you got your 2004 Contract, how they doin?

Hey don't worry, I'll be sure to mention you after you've fallen on your sword. Can't wait really. You'll be the greatest pilot martyr of all time.

AnchorDown
Well, if the ASA MEC doesn't have a problem with it, then why are they complaining that we are developing smartpref? That's part of that agreement.

Again, this management is spending millions in order to have two separate airlines in order to whipsaw us more. All pilots should be supporting our contract, not against it like management.

Quote: 83% requires both sides... Go find some adults to cheer for.... then someone here tell me how violating the TPA (Transition and Process Agreement) and negotiating for SmartPref outside of the JCBA (apparently in secret) is pulling in one direction?
It's essentially part of the Process Agreement for Interim and Single PBS.

Quote: Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevets

I dont disagree. But in comparison to the laundry list of concessions that management wants from the ERJ side, a process (which has been previously agreed to by both MEC) to choose a single PBS is just a bone.

Fifty seat jets are outdated. What's your point? And why is our contract outdated? Because it's the best in the industry? Do you guys even listen to what you say? Or are you management? Because you are saying EXACTLY the same things!

This is absurd! As long as management is paying for two sets of management personnel, two sets of office staff, two sets of facilities for SOC, two sets of systems management, two sets of EVERYTHING, there will always be money on the table! Why should we sacrifice money out of our compensation so that management can spend it on two VPs of everything?! And for what? So that they can perpetuate this whipsaw?

You guys are talking crazy.

This is what you want the pilots at Skywest to vote in? Really man.
I want Skywest pilots to certify SAPA as their NMB recognized bargaining agent and demand an end to this whipsaw. At the very least you have a real voice and join us in making this profession safer.
Quote: Well, if the ASA MEC doesn't have a problem with it, then why are they complaining that we are developing smartpref? That's part of that agreement.
Nevets,
The intent of this agreement was for the JCBA and did not take into account the JCBA failing. However it did. Now that SmartPref could be negotiated and implemented while the JCBA is being negotiated, we have set ourselves up for a whipsaw between our groups on one more level. Nearly every concern the XJT group has such as being locked out can be dealt with in rules.
Regards,
Redundant Guy

Well, if the ASA MEC doesn't have a problem with it, then why are they complaining that we are developing smartpref? That's part of that agreement.

Nevets,
The intent of this agreement was for the JCBA and did not take into account the JCBA failing. However it did. Now that SmartPref could be negotiated and implemented while the JCBA is being negotiated, we have set ourselves up for a whipsaw between our groups on one more level. Nearly every concern the XJT group has such as being locked out can be dealt with in rules.
Regards,
Redundant Guy
Being without a JCBA for almost 4 years can be said to be continuing the whipsaw that management envisioned back in 2008. So I completely see where you are coming from. With that said, developing, testing, parallel bidding now only shortens the timeline in that agreement, which was problematic to some from what I understand. Lastly, if flight line is so great and smartpref is so horrible, then none of us have anything to worry about. In fact, I could see a scenario in which we reject smartpref because it's not what we were told it was and just go with flight line in the JCBA without much fight other than to make sure we have the right work rules (vacation low, etc).

I think that if we just let this play itself out, it will take care of itself. In the end, we are being Comaired anyways, right? We will be so small that any concessionary TA for the ERJ side will be voted through anyway, right? Or we will be shrunk to nothing and only the CRJ side will continue. These are all things that have been more or less said on this thread. So you have all the cards and have nothing to worry about. Let us fall on our smartpref sword so you don't have to deal with us and our contract.
Quote:

Nevets, your die-hard loyalty to your team is admirable but uninformed. Your MEC has been meeting with management behind the backs of the Joint committee AND the L-ASA MEC. This is directly counter to agreements signed between the parties. I for one am no longer interested in supporting a group that is only interested in reciprocating as long as it benefits them.

Nevets, your die-hard loyalty to your team is admirable but uninformed. Your MEC has been meeting with management behind the backs of the Joint committee AND the L-ASA MEC. This is directly counter to agreements signed between the parties. I for one am no longer interested in supporting a group that is only interested in reciprocating as long as it benefits them.
Why is it that when the ASA MEC acts in the best interest of their constituents, it's ok. But when the XJT MEC does the same, the other side takes it personal? The XJT MEC feels like smartpref is in their pilots best interest. The ASA MEC feels that flight line is. It's not personal. The agreement spells out the process to get to a single PBS. And now the ASA MEC doesn't want to abide by that agreement. My understanding is that ASA people will now be part of the negotiations, as allowed in the T&PA. So I don't see they as a problem going forward anymore. The ASA MEC agrees to abide by the Process Agreement for Interim and Single PBS and the XJT MEC will have ASA people be part of the smartpref negotiations. So what's the problem?
Quote: Why is it that when the ASA MEC acts in the best interest of their constituents, it's ok. But when the XJT MEC does the same, the other side takes it personal? The XJT MEC feels like smartpref is in their pilots best interest. The ASA MEC feels that flight line is. It's not personal. The agreement spells out the process to get to a single PBS. And now the ASA MEC doesn't want to abide by that agreement. My understanding is that ASA people will now be part of the negotiations, as allowed in the T&PA. So I don't see they as a problem going forward anymore. The ASA MEC agrees to abide by the Process Agreement for Interim and Single PBS and the XJT MEC will have ASA people be part of the smartpref negotiations. So what's the problem?
The problem is its against the agreement to do that. Number two, your MEC going behind our MECs back hurts both of us bc you're negotiating on something that the other party has no say on that directly affects us. It weakens our negotiating power when the two sides are making separate deals. I have no problem with your MEC testing out different software, but I do have a problem with your MEC cutting us out of negotiations.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to