Stay at EK or go to UAL?

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 14
Go to
Awesome!

(Filler)
That's insane. I wonder how much the captains are reeling in.
Quote: That's insane. I wonder how much the captains are reeling in.
Not nearly as much credit wise. Captains, at least in my category, have trouble picking up open time and premium pay.
777 FO UAL on 9th year pay, haven't flown in 3 months. New goal is to not fly a trip between landings classes. Not $200k, but close. Come on over, the water is nice!
Quote: That's insane. I wonder how much the captains are reeling in.
Pay wise, I'm above many captains. Some are doing really well, but that list is fairly short. Additionally, many FOs don't play the extra money game. To each his own. When I'm on a Greenslip, I share the wealth...I buy the beers and food and I'm happy to do it. It's a delta tradition that I hope sustains itself. Good goes around.
This guy doesn't want to hear about how much you can fly. He is fatigued. He wants to know if he is going to be abused. The answer is no, nothing like you are experiencing in the sandpit. Is that kind of flying going to kill you? The answer is yes. Sooner rather than later.

How little can you fly? I am a captain. I live in base. I'm in the top 40% in my category. At my airline, seniority on reserve is a factor in assignments. I bid reserve most months. I am usually the top 2 or 3 guy on reserve. They tend not to use me. I took a look at my hours this past year. I am averaging 22 hard hours each month. My monthly guarantee exceeds what I could hold as a line holder some months. I make good money. If I sit home most of the month, I may put in for selective overtime flying. But, not usually.

I like staying home. I know how to fly. It doesn't define me. I feel great. My health is good. I sleep well. I have a good quality of life.

I considered going to Emirates very seriously during 2006/2007. I decided to wait to see if my company closed the doors. They didn't. I didn't have to go. It worked out for me.

My advice would be to interview at all three US legacies. See who calls. You might be surprised that you are very popular. Give it a shot. Let us know how it turns out. If you have questions about the interview process, just ask. We will try to help. Good luck.
Quote: I'm a wide body fo and my monthly credit average for the year was 133. I wasn't the highest by any stretch in my category.
Dang! There's a new sheriff in town!

Denny
Quote: Not nearly as much credit wise. Captains, at least in my category, have trouble picking up open time and premium pay.
Not in mine...

Denny
Quote: This guy doesn't want to hear about how much you can fly. He is fatigued. He wants to know if he is going to be abused. The answer is no, nothing like you are experiencing in the sandpit. Is that kind of flying going to kill you? The answer is yes. Sooner rather than later.

How little can you fly? I am a captain. I live in base. I'm in the top 40% in my category. At my airline, seniority on reserve is a factor in assignments. I bid reserve most months. I am usually the top 2 or 3 guy on reserve. They tend not to use me. I took a look at my hours this past year. I am averaging 22 hard hours each month. My monthly guarantee exceeds what I could hold as a line holder some months. I make good money. If I sit home most of the month, I may put in for selective overtime flying. But, not usually.

I like staying home. I know how to fly. It doesn't define me. I feel great. My health is good. I sleep well. I have a good quality of life.

I considered going to Emirates very seriously during 2006/2007. I decided to wait to see if my company closed the doors. They didn't. I didn't have to go. It worked out for me.

My advice would be to interview at all three US legacies. See who calls. You might be surprised that you are very popular. Give it a shot. Let us know how it turns out. If you have questions about the interview process, just ask. We will try to help. Good luck.

Orvil,

Your moniker may depict "decoupled" however you are truly engaged! You truly have broken the code!

Me thinks you even have a low handicap too!

All the best,

OC
Quote: 777 FO UAL on 9th year pay, haven't flown in 3 months. New goal is to not fly a trip between landings classes. Not $200k, but close. Come on over, the water is nice!

Where are you based?
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 14
Go to